Re: Another Cablevision employee caught by police

  • m_luper
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 9 1:36 PM
      So, then I suppose we should also conclude that the Verizon FiOS contractor in Rockland County, NY who last month negligently dug through a gas line destroying part of a townhouse complex injuring several people and leaving mutiple families homeless should be considered part of the FiOS experience?

      Thousands of people work for Cablevision (and Verizon). There are good people and bad people at any company.

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Marc" <in4ex@...> wrote:

      > The previous two persons arrested over the last few weeks were techs.
      >
      > True, where a person works does not necessarily dictate if they have a weapon, however, it appears that Cablevision has certainly lowered their hiring standards recently, and therefore this is absolutely without any doubt part of the overall iO experience and thus is certainly appropriate here. Are you next going to state that you have never complained about a tech or customer service person while on this mailing list?
      >
      > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, comfortably numb <cnumb516@> wrote:
      > >
      > > If I read the story correctly it was a customer service rep. They only do phone work and don't go to customer's houses.
      > > Where a person works doesn't dictate if they will carry a gun or not.

    • Marc
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 9 7:37 PM
        > So, then I suppose we should also conclude that the Verizon FiOS contractor in Rockland County, NY who last month negligently dug through a gas line destroying part of a townhouse complex injuring several people and leaving mutiple families homeless should be considered part of the FiOS experience?

        If negligence involved, certainly. Are you stating it shouldn't?

        > Thousands of people work for Cablevision (and Verizon). There are good people and bad people at any company.

        Agreed. However, there were multiple burglaries associated with a Cablevision employee. Many companies conduct thorough, extensive background checks of potential hires. Credit checks. Reference checks. Given the experience I have had in recent incidents by phone and in person with representatives of Cablevision, I think that Cablevision could certainly stand to be more selective in hiring practices.

        Many members of this list have often complained about such experiences. Are you stating that commenting on the conduct of Cablevision employees is now taboo? What purpose does such a ban serve? And what does these constant attacks against me bring to this list to enhance the iO experience?