Re: iO Silver and Gold to include some VOD

  • officerbob2000
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 7:25 AM
      I have HBO instead of Showtime as part of my iO silver plan that I've had for a long time. Will I have access to Showtime VOD ?

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <rob_tyska@...> wrote:

      > From a CT-DPUC filing:
      >
      > "Effective Monday, May 2, 2011, there will be changes to the iO Silver and iO Gold Package subscriptions. Video on Demand will be added to the existing packages to create the new premium package subscriptions. iO Silver will now include Showtime, Starz/Encore On Demand and iO Gold will include Showtime, Starz/Encore and The Movie Channel on Demand. Existing iO Silver and Gold package subscriptions will be grandfathered. Please refer to attached rate card for specific pricing."
      >
      > iO Gold $103.95
      > iO Gold (No longer offered, grandfathered customers only) $102.95
      > iO Silver $83.95
      > iO Silver (No longer offered, grandfathered customers only) $82.95

    • Rob
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 8:18 AM
        Only if you order the new iO Silver in May that includes Showtime instead of HBO and the VOD's. If you do nothing you will keep HBO, and not get any of the VOD's included.

        --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "officerbob2000" <Mike.Pezeur@...> wrote:

        > I have HBO instead of Showtime as part of my iO silver plan that I've had for a long time. Will I have access to Showtime VOD ?
        >
        > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <rob_tyska@> wrote:
        > >
        > > From a CT-DPUC filing:
        > >
        > > "Effective Monday, May 2, 2011, there will be changes to the iO Silver and iO Gold Package subscriptions. Video on Demand will be added to the existing packages to create the new premium package subscriptions. iO Silver will now include Showtime, Starz/Encore On Demand and iO Gold will include Showtime, Starz/Encore and The Movie Channel on Demand. Existing iO Silver and Gold package subscriptions will be grandfathered. Please refer to attached rate card for specific pricing."
        > >
        > > iO Gold $103.95
        > > iO Gold (No longer offered, grandfathered customers only) $102.95
        > > iO Silver $83.95
        > > iO Silver (No longer offered, grandfathered customers only) $82.95

      • m_luper
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1 1:43 PM
          That's how I read it too.

          If you do nothing, you'll have no VOD, and be able to keep the existing package you have (including the old iO Silver w/HBO). Your pricing will not change.

          If you choose to subscribe to one of the "new" plans for $1.00 more per month, you'll get the VOD included. If you are on the old iO Silver with HBO and want to upgrade so you receive the VOD, you'll lose HBO and pick up Showtime.

          In any case (even with iO Gold), HBO and Cinemax On Demand does not appear to be included in any package.

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1 1:46 PM
            Now that I read it again, I wonder what the definition of "grandfathered" is. Are existing subs grandfathered on old plans at old rates? Do you get grandfathered at the old rate, but get the new VOD package? It does not seem clear to me (or maybe I'm over analyzing it).

            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 1 7:02 PM
              Grandfathered always means you can keep your existing package that you already have, but they can still raise the price in future years. That's why the new rate sheet lists two different iO Silver and Gold packages, one for people who already had it and don't want to change, and one for every who adds it starting in May. The VOD's are not included in the current package so if you keep it you won't get them. Once you change to the new package you can't go back. The rate sheet still lists the Optimum and Optimum Prefered packages which some people are still grandfathered in on.