Re: Cablecards

  • s_celli
    Message 1 of 22 , Sep 25, 2010
      I had the same problem with my TiVo cable cards Thurs. evening here in Ossining. Got home and nothing recorded and both tuners showed black screens. I rebooted and it seems to be OK now.

      On a few occasions this has happened on one of the cars but changing the channel usually brings it back so I figure my cards are going bad.

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "bdubson" <bdubson@...> wrote:

      > One of my two Tivos did not record last night on 704 and 707. When I came home the screen on all cable channels were black. My OTA tuner was working fine.
      >
      > I reseated the cablecard and the channels came back but there was a few second delay before tuning the channel. I rebooted and went to bed. I will check it tonight.
      >
      > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "mllacey" <mllacey@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Im seeing the same problem in the Raritan, NJ system. I reset the tivo and reseated the cards.
      > >
      > > I am also not seeing most of the digital channels above the channel 2 on my Samsung LCD TV with a built in tuner.
      > >

      > > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, JP <erenfro@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I have 3 Tivo S3's. Is there any explanation why all three are having
      > > > trouble with their cablecards today? They have worked pretty flawlessly
      > > > for several years. Today, I am not getting all channels and from time
      > > > to time the cablecard menu pops up.
      > > >
      > > > Very odd.
      > > >
      > > > BTW, I am on the Oakland system.

    • Lou Levinson
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 1, 2010
        Same here in Brooklyn, called CV and the "Cablecard Expert" re-hit the
        cards. Everything came back but 737 to which the "Cablecard expert" told me I
        needed a tunning adapter.
        I sad a TA in BROOKLYN?? I didn't know that in NYC was using any SDV for TNT?
        The expert insisted I go to the Cablevision Store and get a tuning adapter and
        ended the call.
        Have to spend this weekend on the phone again.

        I hear you can now self install the cablecards, might be worth a trip to trade
        in my single streams for multistream and save the $2 a month per card, may even
        fix the problem.
        FWIW,

        Same here in Roslyn area. I thought it was fixed but all channels were gone
        again tonight requiring reboot. This started with the switch to all digital in
        my area.
      • s_celli
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 4, 2010
          In Ossining I had lost a few challenges, including 707, 721, 729 and a few others as I went through them. That was last Thurs. night and checking now it seems they are all back. I wasn't home over the weekend but it seems something was done to correct it here. Though I did have the Tivo message that a Tuning Adapter is connected message this morning - hadn't had that one in awhile.