Re: External HD After Box Reboot

  • mws192
    Message 1 of 21 , Oct 1, 2009
      My 8300HD rebooted twice in the past 24 hours. Once at 3:54pm yesterday and again at 8:57pm. Both times it occurred a few minutes after I turned it off. The evening reboot flashed 'HOLD' for at least five minutes until I hit the power button and it finished the cycle.

      The external drive was recognized after the first reboot, but not after the second.

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <rob_tyska@...> wrote:

      > Interesting, mine did the 1:30 am reboot again this morning.
      >
      > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "mws192" <mws192@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I checked this morning for you, it hasn't rebooted since Saturday night (11:30pm). I'll let you know if I notice anything in the next few days.
      > >
      > > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <rob_tyska@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Going into the diagnostics will tell you the last time it rebooted. Press and hold select on the box until the mail icon flashes then press info. It will be on the bottom of the first page. Except for maybe one or two nights my SA8300HD has rebooted at 1:30 am every night for the last week and a half on the Norwalk, CT system.

    • mws192
      Message 2 of 21 , Oct 8, 2009
        This is still an issue. My box rebooted overnight and the external drive was not recognized this morning.

        --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "mws192" <mws192@...> wrote:

        > My 8300HD rebooted twice in the past 24 hours. Once at 3:54pm yesterday and again at 8:57pm. Both times it occurred a few minutes after I turned it off. The evening reboot flashed 'HOLD' for at least five minutes until I hit the power button and it finished the cycle.
        >
        > The external drive was recognized after the first reboot, but not after the second.
        >

        > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Rob" <rob_tyska@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Interesting, mine did the 1:30 am reboot again this morning.
        > >
        > > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "mws192" <mws192@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > I checked this morning for you, it hasn't rebooted since Saturday night (11:30pm). I'll let you know if I notice anything in the next few days.

      • marcauslander
        Message 3 of 21 , Oct 8, 2009
          --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "mws192" <mws192@...> wrote:

          > This is still an issue. My box rebooted overnight and the external drive was not recognized this morning.

          Me too, in Northern Westchester.

          I think Sara was updated - at least it's now 1.91.36.a103.

          It sure is a PITA. With HD, an external is pretty much a necessity, so it would be nice if it worked!
        • Bark Woof
          Message 4 of 21 , Oct 9, 2009
            This was the first time I had a problem with mine. I was recognized but a
            program locked up causing another reboot. After the second time it worked.
            No other problems save a steadily degrading signal.

            > This is still an issue. My box rebooted overnight and the external drive
            was not recognized this morning.

            Me too, in Northern Westchester.

            I think Sara was updated - at least it's now 1.91.36.a103.

            It sure is a PITA. With HD, an external is pretty much a necessity, so it
            would be nice if it worked!

          • beardielvr
            Message 5 of 21 , Oct 10, 2009
              I also had the situation where DVR did not recognize hard drive that morning. I caught it first thing in the morning, as I baby sit my DVR to insure I get the recordings I want. I rebooted DVR and all was well.