Re: Cablevision Joins Rate Hike Season Festivities

  • m_luper
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2008
      It's a stand alone closed captioning decoder for very old TV sets that
      don't have that capability. I think the FCC requires that the devices
      are made available to those in need.

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Aaron Clow" <lists1@...>
      wrote:

      > What is the "closed caption device" for $70?
      >
      > Is that so you can actually READ the closed captioning on, say, ABC?
      >
      > On Fri, 31 Oct 2008 07:53:19 -0700 (PDT), "Rick" <rick@...>
      > said:
      >
      > > EQUIPMENT
      > > Digital Set Top Box & DVR Box (SD & HD) $6.51
      > > Analog Set Top Box $0.00
      > > Remote Control $0.24
      > > Digital Cable Card $2.00
      > > TV Guide $3.99
      > > Closed Caption Device $70.00

    • Bark Woof
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2008
        If you added the $10 to satellite then the amounts came out about even.