Re: INHD, INHD2 to Become One

  • Scottbusy
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
      I agree, but I fear they will share SNY HD with INHD, which would be
      terrible. That means we would miss numerous other MLB HD games on
      INHD, when the Met game is on at the same time.

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Martz
      <jeffmartz@...> wrote:

      > Who knows what Cablevision will do but it is doubtful that you
      will see
      > SNY-HD full time any time soon.

      Live.

      > In Demand is looking at adding a third night of original shows and
      > possibly a fourth of Mojo before it changes the name of the
      service
      > itself, Jacobson said.

    • Jeff Martz
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
        And that is precisely why they are going to do exactly what you don't want.

        I agree, but I fear they will share SNY HD with INHD, which would be
        terrible. That means we would miss numerous other MLB HD games on
        INHD, when the Met game is on at the same time.

        --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:cablevision_digital%40yahoogroups.com> , Jeff Martz
        <jeffmartz@...> wrote:

        > Who knows what Cablevision will do but it is doubtful that you
        will see
        > SNY-HD full time any time soon.
        >

        > From: cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:cablevision_digital%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: [cablevision_digital] INHD, INHD2 to Become One
        >

        > Its official (see below). I hope that they do not use the new INHD
        > channel to show Met games on SNY HD, because we will miss numerous
        > other MLB games in HD that INHD shows. There are many nights when
        > INHD has an MLB game on while the Met game is on. SNY HD needs its
        > own channel, I hope Cablevision does the right thing and gives
        them
        > their own channel.
        >
        > INHD, INHD2 to Become One
        > (MultiChannel News) Nov. 3, 2006
        >
        > In Demand may try to put a magic spell on its HD networks.
        >
        > The supplier of pay-per-view and on-demand programming decided to
        > merge its two HD channels, INHD and INHD2, into one Jan. 1,
        > president Rob Jacobson said. That would, he added, create a best-
        of
        > HD service.
        >
        > Some cable operators already dropped INHD2, which shows some
        > exclusive IMAX movies and concert events that will shift over to
        > INHD.
        >
        > What will the new channel be called? That will be
        > announced "sometime next year," Jacobson said. But there's
        a "pretty
        > good likelihood" that INHD will be renamed Mojo. That's the name
        > given to blocks of original HD programming that currently run from
        9
        > p.m.-midnight Wednesdays and Sundays, featuring such shows as Wall
        > Street Warriors, Dr. Danger, After Hours with Daniel and London
        Live.

        > In Demand is looking at adding a third night of original shows and
        > possibly a fourth of Mojo before it changes the name of the
        service
        > itself, Jacobson said.

      • storm70us
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
          cablevision should not show any mets games in hd-wast of bandwith-the
          mets are pathetic-choked against st.louis--- In
          cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Scottbusy" <sgbusy@...> wrote:

          > Its official (see below). I hope that they do not use the new INHD
          > channel to show Met games on SNY HD, because we will miss numerous
          > other MLB games in HD that INHD shows. There are many nights when
          > INHD has an MLB game on while the Met game is on. SNY HD needs its
          > own channel, I hope Cablevision does the right thing and gives them
          > their own channel.
          >

          > INHD, INHD2 to Become One
          > (MultiChannel News) Nov. 3, 2006
          >
          > In Demand may try to put a magic spell on its HD networks.
          >
          > The supplier of pay-per-view and on-demand programming decided to
          > merge its two HD channels, INHD and INHD2, into one Jan. 1,
          > president Rob Jacobson said. That would, he added, create a best-of
          > HD service.
          >
          > Some cable operators already dropped INHD2, which shows some
          > exclusive IMAX movies and concert events that will shift over to
          > INHD.
          >
          > What will the new channel be called? That will be
          > announced "sometime next year," Jacobson said. But there's
          a "pretty
          > good likelihood" that INHD will be renamed Mojo. That's the name
          > given to blocks of original HD programming that currently run from
          9
          > p.m.-midnight Wednesdays and Sundays, featuring such shows as Wall
          > Street Warriors, Dr. Danger, After Hours with Daniel and London
          Live.

          > In Demand is looking at adding a third night of original shows and
          > possibly a fourth of Mojo before it changes the name of the service
          > itself, Jacobson said.

        • Louis Zosimo
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
            um..............ya think storm is a yankee fan?..............lets not go there
            cablevision should not show any mets games in hd-wast of bandwith-the
            mets are pathetic-choked against st.louis--- In
            cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Scottbusy" <sgbusy@...> wrote:

            > Its official (see below). I hope that they do not use the new INHD
            > channel to show Met games on SNY HD, because we will miss numerous
            > other MLB games in HD that INHD shows. There are many nights when
            > INHD has an MLB game on while the Met game is on. SNY HD needs its
            > own channel, I hope Cablevision does the right thing and gives them
            > their own channel.
            >

            > INHD, INHD2 to Become One
            > (MultiChannel News) Nov. 3, 2006
            >
            > In Demand may try to put a magic spell on its HD networks.
            >
            > The supplier of pay-per-view and on-demand programming decided to
            > merge its two HD channels, INHD and INHD2, into one Jan. 1,
            > president Rob Jacobson said. That would, he added, create a best-of
            > HD service.
            >
            > Some cable operators already dropped INHD2, which shows some
            > exclusive IMAX movies and concert events that will shift over to
            > INHD.
            >
            > What will the new channel be called? That will be
            > announced "sometime next year," Jacobson said. But there's
            a "pretty
            > good likelihood" that INHD will be renamed Mojo. That's the name
            > given to blocks of original HD programming that currently run from
            9
            > p.m.-midnight Wednesdays and Sundays, featuring such shows as Wall
            > Street Warriors, Dr. Danger, After Hours with Daniel and London
            Live.

            > In Demand is looking at adding a third night of original shows and
            > possibly a fourth of Mojo before it changes the name of the service
            > itself, Jacobson said.

          • Scottbusy
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
              I think they will do that, too. If they take away the other MLB HD
              games that INHD does it really cheapens and lessens the value of
              INHD. The best thing they do is the MLB games. If you we have the
              Met games preempting them it would really take away from the value
              of this channel.

              <jeffmartz@...> wrote:

              > And that is precisely why they are going to do exactly what you
              don't want.

            • bdubson
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 6, 2006
                Don't be a douche.

                --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "storm70us"
                <storm70us@...> wrote:

                > cablevision should not show any mets games in hd-wast of bandwith-
                the
                > mets are pathetic-choked against st.louis--- In
                > cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Scottbusy" <sgbusy@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Its official (see below). I hope that they do not use the new
                INHD
                > > channel to show Met games on SNY HD, because we will miss
                numerous
                > > other MLB games in HD that INHD shows. There are many nights
                when
                > > INHD has an MLB game on while the Met game is on. SNY HD needs
                its
                > > own channel, I hope Cablevision does the right thing and gives
                them
                > > their own channel.
                > >

                > > INHD, INHD2 to Become One
                > > (MultiChannel News) Nov. 3, 2006
                > >
                > > In Demand may try to put a magic spell on its HD networks.
                > >
                > > The supplier of pay-per-view and on-demand programming decided to
                > > merge its two HD channels, INHD and INHD2, into one Jan. 1,
                > > president Rob Jacobson said. That would, he added, create a best-
                of
                > > HD service.
                > >
                > > Some cable operators already dropped INHD2, which shows some
                > > exclusive IMAX movies and concert events that will shift over to
                > > INHD.
                > >
                > > What will the new channel be called? That will be
                > > announced "sometime next year," Jacobson said. But there's
                > a "pretty
                > > good likelihood" that INHD will be renamed Mojo. That's the name
                > > given to blocks of original HD programming that currently run
                from
                > 9
                > > p.m.-midnight Wednesdays and Sundays, featuring such shows as
                Wall
                > > Street Warriors, Dr. Danger, After Hours with Daniel and London
                > Live.
                > >
                > > In Demand is looking at adding a third night of original shows
                and
                > > possibly a fourth of Mojo before it changes the name of the
                service
                > > itself, Jacobson said.

              • corvette_kid1
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                  The Yankees have their own station, right? That's 715.

                  I would expect the Mets to have their own HiDef channel and hopefully
                  CVC can put it on fulltime (or do the Mets already have one and CVC
                  hasn't added it)?

                  Remember, SNY is alot younger than YES so they may be behind.
                • Jeff Martz
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                    SNY is ahead of YES. YES has its own channel but does not currently
                    broadcast anything other than baseball home games in HD. Cablevision gave
                    YES its own HD channel but it's a part time HD channel.

                    SNY is a full-time HD channel (all studio shows and some long form
                    programming is in HD) but is being shared with INHD2.

                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                      << SNY is a full-time HD channel (all studio shows and some long form
                      programming is in HD) but is being shared with INHD2. >>

                      SNY on Channel 60 on my TV is regular SD. The Mets games on INHD2
                      (730) were HD but anything on SNY right now (like 'Daily News Live')
                      is SD.

                      Not sure why you call it a full-time HD channel.
                    • storm70us
                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                        As usual, you are wrong again. Yes is the home of the nj nets and
                        broadcasts all home games in hd in addition to the vast majority of
                        yankee honme games and a majority of road games.--- In
                        cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Martz <jeffmartz@...> wrote:

                        > SNY is ahead of YES. YES has its own channel but does not currently
                        > broadcast anything other than baseball home games in HD.
                        Cablevision gave
                        > YES its own HD channel but it's a part time HD channel.
                        >

                        > SNY is a full-time HD channel (all studio shows and some long form
                        > programming is in HD) but is being shared with INHD2.

                      • robtyska
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                          YESHD is supposed to go 24/7 starting in April. If they do, and CV
                          carries it, then they should also carry SNYHD 24/7.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                            All of SNY's studio shows are done in HD, CV just doesn't show them.

                            --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "corvette_kid1"

                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                              Dude enough with the semantics. SNY has more HD programming PERIOD END OF
                              STORY.