RE: [cablevision_digital] INHD, INHD2 to Become One

  • Jeff Martz
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
      Who knows what Cablevision will do but it is doubtful that you will see
      SNY-HD full time any time soon.

      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
        I agree, but I fear they will share SNY HD with INHD, which would be
        terrible. That means we would miss numerous other MLB HD games on
        INHD, when the Met game is on at the same time.

        --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Martz
        <jeffmartz@...> wrote:

        > Who knows what Cablevision will do but it is doubtful that you
        will see
        > SNY-HD full time any time soon.

      • Jeff Martz
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
          And that is precisely why they are going to do exactly what you don't want.

          I agree, but I fear they will share SNY HD with INHD, which would be
          terrible. That means we would miss numerous other MLB HD games on
          INHD, when the Met game is on at the same time.

          --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:cablevision_digital%40yahoogroups.com> , Jeff Martz
          <jeffmartz@...> wrote:

          > Who knows what Cablevision will do but it is doubtful that you
          will see
          > SNY-HD full time any time soon.
          >

          > From: cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:cablevision_digital%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Subject: [cablevision_digital] INHD, INHD2 to Become One
          >

          > Its official (see below). I hope that they do not use the new INHD
          > channel to show Met games on SNY HD, because we will miss numerous
          > other MLB games in HD that INHD shows. There are many nights when
          > INHD has an MLB game on while the Met game is on. SNY HD needs its
          > own channel, I hope Cablevision does the right thing and gives
          them
          > their own channel.
          >
          > INHD, INHD2 to Become One
          > (MultiChannel News) Nov. 3, 2006
          >
          > In Demand may try to put a magic spell on its HD networks.
          >
          > The supplier of pay-per-view and on-demand programming decided to
          > merge its two HD channels, INHD and INHD2, into one Jan. 1,
          > president Rob Jacobson said. That would, he added, create a best-
          of
          > HD service.
          >
          > Some cable operators already dropped INHD2, which shows some
          > exclusive IMAX movies and concert events that will shift over to
          > INHD.
          >
          > What will the new channel be called? That will be
          > announced "sometime next year," Jacobson said. But there's
          a "pretty
          > good likelihood" that INHD will be renamed Mojo. That's the name
          > given to blocks of original HD programming that currently run from
          9
          > p.m.-midnight Wednesdays and Sundays, featuring such shows as Wall
          > Street Warriors, Dr. Danger, After Hours with Daniel and London
          Live.

          > In Demand is looking at adding a third night of original shows and
          > possibly a fourth of Mojo before it changes the name of the
          service
          > itself, Jacobson said.

        • storm70us
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
            cablevision should not show any mets games in hd-wast of bandwith-the
            mets are pathetic-choked against st.louis--- In
            cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Scottbusy" <sgbusy@...> wrote:

            > Its official (see below). I hope that they do not use the new INHD
            > channel to show Met games on SNY HD, because we will miss numerous
            > other MLB games in HD that INHD shows. There are many nights when
            > INHD has an MLB game on while the Met game is on. SNY HD needs its
            > own channel, I hope Cablevision does the right thing and gives them
            > their own channel.
            >

            > INHD, INHD2 to Become One
            > (MultiChannel News) Nov. 3, 2006
            >
            > In Demand may try to put a magic spell on its HD networks.
            >
            > The supplier of pay-per-view and on-demand programming decided to
            > merge its two HD channels, INHD and INHD2, into one Jan. 1,
            > president Rob Jacobson said. That would, he added, create a best-of
            > HD service.
            >
            > Some cable operators already dropped INHD2, which shows some
            > exclusive IMAX movies and concert events that will shift over to
            > INHD.
            >
            > What will the new channel be called? That will be
            > announced "sometime next year," Jacobson said. But there's
            a "pretty
            > good likelihood" that INHD will be renamed Mojo. That's the name
            > given to blocks of original HD programming that currently run from
            9
            > p.m.-midnight Wednesdays and Sundays, featuring such shows as Wall
            > Street Warriors, Dr. Danger, After Hours with Daniel and London
            Live.

            > In Demand is looking at adding a third night of original shows and
            > possibly a fourth of Mojo before it changes the name of the service
            > itself, Jacobson said.

          • Louis Zosimo
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
              um..............ya think storm is a yankee fan?..............lets not go there
              cablevision should not show any mets games in hd-wast of bandwith-the
              mets are pathetic-choked against st.louis--- In
              cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Scottbusy" <sgbusy@...> wrote:

              > Its official (see below). I hope that they do not use the new INHD
              > channel to show Met games on SNY HD, because we will miss numerous
              > other MLB games in HD that INHD shows. There are many nights when
              > INHD has an MLB game on while the Met game is on. SNY HD needs its
              > own channel, I hope Cablevision does the right thing and gives them
              > their own channel.
              >

              > INHD, INHD2 to Become One
              > (MultiChannel News) Nov. 3, 2006
              >
              > In Demand may try to put a magic spell on its HD networks.
              >
              > The supplier of pay-per-view and on-demand programming decided to
              > merge its two HD channels, INHD and INHD2, into one Jan. 1,
              > president Rob Jacobson said. That would, he added, create a best-of
              > HD service.
              >
              > Some cable operators already dropped INHD2, which shows some
              > exclusive IMAX movies and concert events that will shift over to
              > INHD.
              >
              > What will the new channel be called? That will be
              > announced "sometime next year," Jacobson said. But there's
              a "pretty
              > good likelihood" that INHD will be renamed Mojo. That's the name
              > given to blocks of original HD programming that currently run from
              9
              > p.m.-midnight Wednesdays and Sundays, featuring such shows as Wall
              > Street Warriors, Dr. Danger, After Hours with Daniel and London
              Live.

              > In Demand is looking at adding a third night of original shows and
              > possibly a fourth of Mojo before it changes the name of the service
              > itself, Jacobson said.

            • Scottbusy
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 3, 2006
                I think they will do that, too. If they take away the other MLB HD
                games that INHD does it really cheapens and lessens the value of
                INHD. The best thing they do is the MLB games. If you we have the
                Met games preempting them it would really take away from the value
                of this channel.

                <jeffmartz@...> wrote:

                > And that is precisely why they are going to do exactly what you
                don't want.

              • bdubson
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 6, 2006
                  Don't be a douche.

                  --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "storm70us"
                  <storm70us@...> wrote:

                  > cablevision should not show any mets games in hd-wast of bandwith-
                  the
                  > mets are pathetic-choked against st.louis--- In
                  > cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Scottbusy" <sgbusy@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Its official (see below). I hope that they do not use the new
                  INHD
                  > > channel to show Met games on SNY HD, because we will miss
                  numerous
                  > > other MLB games in HD that INHD shows. There are many nights
                  when
                  > > INHD has an MLB game on while the Met game is on. SNY HD needs
                  its
                  > > own channel, I hope Cablevision does the right thing and gives
                  them
                  > > their own channel.
                  > >

                  > > INHD, INHD2 to Become One
                  > > (MultiChannel News) Nov. 3, 2006
                  > >
                  > > In Demand may try to put a magic spell on its HD networks.
                  > >
                  > > The supplier of pay-per-view and on-demand programming decided to
                  > > merge its two HD channels, INHD and INHD2, into one Jan. 1,
                  > > president Rob Jacobson said. That would, he added, create a best-
                  of
                  > > HD service.
                  > >
                  > > Some cable operators already dropped INHD2, which shows some
                  > > exclusive IMAX movies and concert events that will shift over to
                  > > INHD.
                  > >
                  > > What will the new channel be called? That will be
                  > > announced "sometime next year," Jacobson said. But there's
                  > a "pretty
                  > > good likelihood" that INHD will be renamed Mojo. That's the name
                  > > given to blocks of original HD programming that currently run
                  from
                  > 9
                  > > p.m.-midnight Wednesdays and Sundays, featuring such shows as
                  Wall
                  > > Street Warriors, Dr. Danger, After Hours with Daniel and London
                  > Live.
                  > >
                  > > In Demand is looking at adding a third night of original shows
                  and
                  > > possibly a fourth of Mojo before it changes the name of the
                  service
                  > > itself, Jacobson said.

                • corvette_kid1
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                    The Yankees have their own station, right? That's 715.

                    I would expect the Mets to have their own HiDef channel and hopefully
                    CVC can put it on fulltime (or do the Mets already have one and CVC
                    hasn't added it)?

                    Remember, SNY is alot younger than YES so they may be behind.
                  • Jeff Martz
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                      SNY is ahead of YES. YES has its own channel but does not currently
                      broadcast anything other than baseball home games in HD. Cablevision gave
                      YES its own HD channel but it's a part time HD channel.

                      SNY is a full-time HD channel (all studio shows and some long form
                      programming is in HD) but is being shared with INHD2.

                      Message 10 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                        << SNY is a full-time HD channel (all studio shows and some long form
                        programming is in HD) but is being shared with INHD2. >>

                        SNY on Channel 60 on my TV is regular SD. The Mets games on INHD2
                        (730) were HD but anything on SNY right now (like 'Daily News Live')
                        is SD.

                        Not sure why you call it a full-time HD channel.
                      • storm70us
                        Message 11 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                          As usual, you are wrong again. Yes is the home of the nj nets and
                          broadcasts all home games in hd in addition to the vast majority of
                          yankee honme games and a majority of road games.--- In
                          cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Martz <jeffmartz@...> wrote:

                          > SNY is ahead of YES. YES has its own channel but does not currently
                          > broadcast anything other than baseball home games in HD.
                          Cablevision gave
                          > YES its own HD channel but it's a part time HD channel.
                          >

                          > SNY is a full-time HD channel (all studio shows and some long form
                          > programming is in HD) but is being shared with INHD2.

                        • robtyska
                          Message 12 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                            YESHD is supposed to go 24/7 starting in April. If they do, and CV
                            carries it, then they should also carry SNYHD 24/7.

                            Message 13 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                              All of SNY's studio shows are done in HD, CV just doesn't show them.

                              --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "corvette_kid1"

                              Message 14 of 15 , Nov 7, 2006
                                Dude enough with the semantics. SNY has more HD programming PERIOD END OF
                                STORY.