Re: Overflow channel

  • robtyska
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
      These two sites have the listings for overflow games. Neither mention
      the use of 414 yet, but that would be nice.
      http://www.nyoverflow.com/
      http://www.optimum.com/support/the_game.jsp

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Eric Hornick
      <forever1940@...> wrote:

      > Looks like Cablevision has solved the problem that occurs when
      > three or more of the teams they broadcast play at the same time.
      >
      > Channel 414 is now on the Woodbury system--promising digial
      > quality of games that will air on Channel 14 (the overflow
      > channel).
      >
      > There is a hockey game on Saturday night that looks like it will
      > be the first to appear on this channel.

    • Jeff Martz
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
        It's on here in the Bergen system as well. it's about time!

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
          Channel 414 has the blue screen with white text that says what it's going to
          be used for. so they probably just didn't get around to updating the website
          yet.

          These two sites have the listings for overflow games. Neither mention
          the use of 414 yet, but that would be nice.
          http://www.nyoverflow.com/
          http://www.optimum.com/support/the_game.jsp

          --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:cablevision_digital%40yahoogroups.com> , Eric Hornick
          <forever1940@...> wrote:

          > Looks like Cablevision has solved the problem that occurs when
          > three or more of the teams they broadcast play at the same time.
          >
          > Channel 414 is now on the Woodbury system--promising digial
          > quality of games that will air on Channel 14 (the overflow
          > channel).
          >
          > There is a hockey game on Saturday night that looks like it will
          > be the first to appear on this channel.

        • ranger96
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2006
            No active Ch414 on the Oakland System yet.
            Having a digital channel system wide that will air the overflow games
            makes sense. Of course those who don't have digital cable box will now
            need one to see those games. As of now the Oakland system still offers
            all the sports networks in analog.

            --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Martz <jeffmartz@...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
              No channel 414 on the Norwalk, CT system as of last night. However,
              the website has been updated for the next 4 overflow games.
              http://www.optimum.com/support/the_game.jsp
              It shows that the games will still be available for analog
              customers, while digital customers can watch it on 414. It also
              shows that the Knicks game on 11/11 at San Antonio will be HD.

              --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "ranger96"

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2006
                There must be a bandwith tech issue on the Oakland system as we are not
                getting Ch414. The website says we will get the game in analog on the
                guide channel 18 which is remapped to ch79 on the io cable box.

                --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "robtyska" <rob_tyska@...>