Re: Met Away Games

  • Scottbusy
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
      While I totally agree that SNY HD deserves its own channel, because
      it has lots of HD programming, SNY currently does not do any road
      games in HD. That includes the Met-Yankee game. They only do home
      games in HD.

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "ranger96"
      <ranger96@...> wrote:

      > So the few road series that are in HD, I would expect NYM at NYY
      to be
      > one, are not shown on Ch730? I still don't understand why the part
      > time YES-HD gets it's own channel and the full time SNY-HD is only
      on
      > for the live Mets broadcasts.
      >
      > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "kenlev2002" <klev@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > Am I the only Met fan who is aggravated over the fact that we
      can't
      > > see the away games in High Definition?
      > > I would like SNY full time. Does everyone realize that during
      the
      > > ill-fated Red Sox series the games were on other networks (SNY
      and
      > > ESPN) in High Def. On my set - blank screen during the game.
      > > I'm getting to like the programming on SNY and think we should be
      > > getting the High Def channel full time as well. Does anyone else
      > > share this opinion? Is this a job for Superman (Wilt)?

    • Dave
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
        No way YES gives SNY permission to show the game in HD. They want those
        eyeballs on YES-HD.

        _____

        So the few road series that are in HD, I would expect NYM at NYY to be
        one, are not shown on Ch730? I still don't understand why the part
        time YES-HD gets it's own channel and the full time SNY-HD is only on
        for the live Mets broadcasts.

        --- In cablevision_ <mailto:cablevision_digital%40yahoogroups.com>

      • gcornell52@netscape.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
          I wouldn't be suprised if ALL Mets games next yr. are in HD; it's coming, we just don't know when.

          >No way YES gives SNY permission to show the game in HD. They want those
          >eyeballs on YES-HD.
          >

          >  _____

          Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

          Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

        • Louis Zosimo
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
            is todays game in HD?
            705 looks like crap

            wrote:

            > Am I the only Met fan who is aggravated over the fact that we can't
            > see the away games in High Definition?
            > I would like SNY full time. Does everyone realize that during the
            > ill-fated Red Sox series the games were on other networks (SNY and
            > ESPN) in High Def. On my set - blank screen during the game.
            > I'm getting to like the programming on SNY and think we should be
            > getting the High Def channel full time as well. Does anyone else
            > share this opinion? Is this a job for Superman (Wilt)?

          • ranger96
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
              All FOX Games excpet for the Playoffs and I believe the All-Star Game
              will be SD 16:9(Standard Definition Wide Screen.)
              --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Louis Zosimo <lzosimo@...>
              wrote:

              > is todays game in HD?
              > 705 looks like crap
            • Slogun
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
                Indeed, Fox broadcast the mets/yankee game today in 720P 16:9 format and it looked much worse than the quality of the Yes HD broadcasts. It looked no better than a YES network SD broadcast except that it was widescreen.

                wrote:

                > is todays game in HD?
                > 705 looks like crap

              • Slogun
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
                  Oh, didn't see ranger96's post before my last one. That explains it.

                  wrote:

                  > is todays game in HD?
                  > 705 looks like crap

                • storm70us
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
                    Incorrect,the game today was widescreen,not hd. Fox only broadcasts
                    the all star game and post season games in hd.--- In