Re: Met Away Games

  • ranger96
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 30, 2006
      So the few road series that are in HD, I would expect NYM at NYY to be
      one, are not shown on Ch730? I still don't understand why the part
      time YES-HD gets it's own channel and the full time SNY-HD is only on
      for the live Mets broadcasts.

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "kenlev2002" <klev@...>
      wrote:

      > Am I the only Met fan who is aggravated over the fact that we can't
      > see the away games in High Definition?
      > I would like SNY full time. Does everyone realize that during the
      > ill-fated Red Sox series the games were on other networks (SNY and
      > ESPN) in High Def. On my set - blank screen during the game.
      > I'm getting to like the programming on SNY and think we should be
      > getting the High Def channel full time as well. Does anyone else
      > share this opinion? Is this a job for Superman (Wilt)?
    • Scottbusy
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
        While I totally agree that SNY HD deserves its own channel, because
        it has lots of HD programming, SNY currently does not do any road
        games in HD. That includes the Met-Yankee game. They only do home
        games in HD.

        --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "ranger96"
        <ranger96@...> wrote:

        > So the few road series that are in HD, I would expect NYM at NYY
        to be
        > one, are not shown on Ch730? I still don't understand why the part
        > time YES-HD gets it's own channel and the full time SNY-HD is only
        on
        > for the live Mets broadcasts.
        >
        > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "kenlev2002" <klev@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Am I the only Met fan who is aggravated over the fact that we
        can't
        > > see the away games in High Definition?
        > > I would like SNY full time. Does everyone realize that during
        the
        > > ill-fated Red Sox series the games were on other networks (SNY
        and
        > > ESPN) in High Def. On my set - blank screen during the game.
        > > I'm getting to like the programming on SNY and think we should be
        > > getting the High Def channel full time as well. Does anyone else
        > > share this opinion? Is this a job for Superman (Wilt)?

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
          No way YES gives SNY permission to show the game in HD. They want those
          eyeballs on YES-HD.

          _____

          So the few road series that are in HD, I would expect NYM at NYY to be
          one, are not shown on Ch730? I still don't understand why the part
          time YES-HD gets it's own channel and the full time SNY-HD is only on
          for the live Mets broadcasts.

          --- In cablevision_ <mailto:cablevision_digital%40yahoogroups.com>

        • gcornell52@netscape.net
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
            I wouldn't be suprised if ALL Mets games next yr. are in HD; it's coming, we just don't know when.

            >No way YES gives SNY permission to show the game in HD. They want those
            >eyeballs on YES-HD.
            >

            >  _____

            Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

            Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

          • Louis Zosimo
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
              is todays game in HD?
              705 looks like crap

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
                All FOX Games excpet for the Playoffs and I believe the All-Star Game
                will be SD 16:9(Standard Definition Wide Screen.)
                --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Louis Zosimo <lzosimo@...>
                wrote:

                > is todays game in HD?
                > 705 looks like crap
              • Slogun
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
                  Indeed, Fox broadcast the mets/yankee game today in 720P 16:9 format and it looked much worse than the quality of the Yes HD broadcasts. It looked no better than a YES network SD broadcast except that it was widescreen.

                  wrote:

                  > is todays game in HD?
                  > 705 looks like crap

                • Slogun
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
                    Oh, didn't see ranger96's post before my last one. That explains it.

                    wrote:

                    > is todays game in HD?
                    > 705 looks like crap

                  • storm70us
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 1, 2006
                      Incorrect,the game today was widescreen,not hd. Fox only broadcasts
                      the all star game and post season games in hd.--- In