Re: dishnet adding hd channel from voom

  • Ken Stone
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2005
      Can't say that these are high on my list of must see
      tv.
      Ken

      > Dish Network this morning
      > announced that 10 Voom HD
      > channels will be added to
      > their HD programming package
      > on May 1st.
      >
      > Channels include:
      >
      > 1. RUSH HD: sports
      > 2. Gallery HD: arts
      > 3. Rave HD: music concerts
      > 4. Equator HD ??
      > 5. Monsters HD: scary movies
      > 6. Animania HD: animated
      > features
      > 7. Majestic HD ??
      > 8. HD news: 24/7 All in HD
      > 9. GUY tv HD ??
      > 10. Gallery HD: fine living,
      > food etc
    • Steve
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2005
        Nah...me neither. They're mostly gimicky, endless week long loops,
        filler channels, that couldn't fool me in to getting Voom the first
        time around. Although, there were one or two movie channels that were
        on Voom that sounded like they might of been kinda cool.

        They should give us the rest of the locals UPN9 and WB11 in HD. Not
        that I'll watch anything on there after Enterprise is over, but a lot
        of people do watch them...having ALL the locals on a HD system should
        have been a given from day one.

        Now that we have Yankees simulcasts in HD (I wouldn't exactly call it
        the YES-HD channel...I mean really...rolls eyes...) give us 9 & 11
        and Discovery HD and I'd be content.

        If they want to throw a few of those gimick channels in for free to
        beef up the HD line-up I'll take em, but I ain't paying for them.

        --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Ken Stone <krstone@s...>
        wrote:
        > Can't say that these are high on my list of must see
        > tv.
        > Ken
      • rang1995
        Message 3 of 6 , May 1, 2005
          --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <nappi95@y...>
          wrote:
          > Nah...me neither. They're mostly gimicky, endless week long loops,
          > filler channels, that couldn't fool me in to getting Voom the
          first
          > time around. Although, there were one or two movie channels that
          were
          > on Voom that sounded like they might of been kinda cool.
          >
          > They should give us the rest of the locals UPN9 and WB11 in HD.
          Not
          > that I'll watch anything on there after Enterprise is over, but a
          lot
          > of people do watch them...having ALL the locals on a HD system
          should
          > have been a given from day one.
          >
          > Now that we have Yankees simulcasts in HD (I wouldn't exactly call
          it
          > the YES-HD channel...I mean really...rolls eyes...) give us 9 & 11
          > and Discovery HD and I'd be content.

          Some of those VOOM channels were very good--never liked soccer until
          i watched it on "world sports",monsters very good ,equator too..also
          i doubt VOOM (C Dolan) will stop at 21 once there are plenty of
          subscribers--think of this as HD net,INHD on "steroids"
        • Dan C-P
          Message 4 of 6 , May 1, 2005
            I agree that they should add all locals in HD but channel 9 has close to zero HD programming. In fact, when I was getting it over the air I never saw anything in HD (although I read that Enterprise was shown in HD on Friday nights).

            Steve <nappi95@...> wrote:Nah...me neither. They're mostly gimicky, endless week long loops,