Re: super bowl 5.1

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 57 , Feb 1, 2005
      Wrong...In the 1-13 range. Fox 5 is digital. So is NY1. The rest are
      analog.

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "jlangweil"
      <trekker@c...> wrote:

      > You need a digital channel for Dolby 5.1. The only digital
      channel
      > fox has in NY is the hi-def channel.
      > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Bernie Courtney
      > <bernie@n...> wrote:
      > > I'm pretty sure that fox is just cropping and down converting
      their
      > HD
      > > truck to feed their NTSC network, so would it be very easy to do
      > this---
      > > yes. But if they havnt been doing this all along with their
      games
      > (i
      > > dont know one way or the other) then I wouldnt expect it to
      > suddenly
      > > start with the Superbowl.

      > > ctlen wrote:
      > >
      > > >Does anyone know if fox will be broadcasting the game in 5.1 on
      > it's
      > > >non-hd channel?
      > > >

      > > >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Chris Reinhart
      Message 57 of 57 , Feb 2, 2005
        On Feb 1, 2005, at 11:03 PM, hazedg wrote:

        > What can I do with this Digital Audio Out RCA jack?  Is there any
        > adaptor that can change this "Digital Audio Out" to an optical
        > cable?  Possibly from Radio Shack?

        This is an coaxial Digital Output. Yes, if your receiver does not have
        a Coaxial Digital Input you can get a converter from Radio Shack
        (someone mentioned it earlier in this thread, and included a link) to
        change it to an optical digital signal.

        C h r i s R e i n h a r t
        reinhart@...