Just got my I/O Installed..Question

  • coopsstock@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2004
      I have a Samsung HLP4663W DLP TV and a Scientific Atlanta 4200HD
      with the DVI out Cable box.

      Every channel from 2-HD channels....Look grainny, fuzzy, snowy.

      The tech showed me the signal to my TV, MODEM, etc is very
      strong..almost maxed out. He then changed all the wires and
      connections and still the normal I/O Digital cable looks horrible.
      Almost unwatchable.

      Then I put on channel 701 and OH MY GOD the HD looked AWESOME!

      I live in a town house complex in North Brunswick NJ..Anyone have
      any ideas?
      Robert

      BTW I am watching TV using the DVI out and DVI in on my box and TV
    • Corey
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
        Did you upgrade to this TV from a small TV like a 27
        inch?

        I went from a 27" to a 53" and could not believe how
        crappy regular cable TV looked, especially after
        watching an HD channel. There was no problem with my
        cable, it was just that the area of the screen was 3
        times larger and all those imperfections were now very
        obvious.

        --- coopsstock@... wrote:

        > I have a Samsung HLP4663W DLP TV and a Scientific
        > Atlanta 4200HD
        > with the DVI out Cable box.
        >
        > Every channel from 2-HD channels....Look grainny,
        > fuzzy, snowy.
        >
        > The tech showed me the signal to my TV, MODEM, etc
        > is very
        > strong..almost maxed out. He then changed all the
        > wires and
        > connections and still the normal I/O Digital cable
        > looks horrible.
        > Almost unwatchable.
        >
        > Then I put on channel 701 and OH MY GOD the HD
        > looked AWESOME!
        >
        > I live in a town house complex in North Brunswick
        > NJ..Anyone have
        > any ideas?
        > Robert
        >
        > BTW I am watching TV using the DVI out and DVI in on
        > my box and TV

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      • gkurcon
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2004
          Welcome to Cablevision! The only thing you can do is connect the
          composite connections from the 4200HD to your TV's inputs and use that
          input when watching standard def channels. Some people even bypass
          the box with a splitter and plug the coax directly into the TV for
          standard def, although you won't have the functionality of the guide.
          I have a Toshiba RP and am using the component outputs of the 4200HD
          to watch HD, and the composite output for standard def. The standard
          def channels, specifically 2-99 look slightly better on the composite
          output, not a lot, but you can't have it all....

          --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, coopsstock@y... wrote:
          > I have a Samsung HLP4663W DLP TV and a Scientific Atlanta 4200HD
          > with the DVI out Cable box.
          >
          > Every channel from 2-HD channels....Look grainny, fuzzy, snowy.
          >
          > The tech showed me the signal to my TV, MODEM, etc is very
          > strong..almost maxed out. He then changed all the wires and
          > connections and still the normal I/O Digital cable looks horrible.
          > Almost unwatchable.
          >
          > Then I put on channel 701 and OH MY GOD the HD looked AWESOME!
          >
          > I live in a town house complex in North Brunswick NJ..Anyone have
          > any ideas?
          > Robert
          >
          > BTW I am watching TV using the DVI out and DVI in on my box and TV
        • Robert Cooper Jr.
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2004
            Now I see what you are talking about..MY PIP looks
            great..I had my theories, but know you just proved
            them. Thank you

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 9, 2004
              Thank you.

              By Composite you just mean the old Red, White and
              Yellow connections, not the Y, P etc..?

              --- gkurcon <gkurcon@...> wrote:

              > Welcome to Cablevision! The only thing you can do
              > is connect the
              > composite connections from the 4200HD to your TV's
              > inputs and use that
              > input when watching standard def channels. Some
              > people even bypass
              > the box with a splitter and plug the coax directly
              > into the TV for
              > standard def, although you won't have the
              > functionality of the guide.
              > I have a Toshiba RP and am using the component
              > outputs of the 4200HD
              > to watch HD, and the composite output for standard
              > def. The standard
              > def channels, specifically 2-99 look slightly better
              > on the composite
              > output, not a lot, but you can't have it all....
              >
              > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com,
              > coopsstock@y... wrote:
              > > I have a Samsung HLP4663W DLP TV and a Scientific
              > Atlanta 4200HD
              > > with the DVI out Cable box.
              > >
              > > Every channel from 2-HD channels....Look grainny,
              > fuzzy, snowy.
              > >
              > > The tech showed me the signal to my TV, MODEM, etc
              > is very
              > > strong..almost maxed out. He then changed all the
              > wires and
              > > connections and still the normal I/O Digital cable
              > looks horrible.
              > > Almost unwatchable.
              > >
              > > Then I put on channel 701 and OH MY GOD the HD
              > looked AWESOME!
              > >
              > > I live in a town house complex in North Brunswick
              > NJ..Anyone have
              > > any ideas?
              > > Robert
              > >
              > > BTW I am watching TV using the DVI out and DVI in
              > on my box and TV

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • gkurcon
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 10, 2004
                Yes, composite would be the yellow connection for video-in on your TV.
                Composite carries both color and luminance in one signal. S-video
                separates these two, while component takes it a step farther and
                breaks out the colors separately. I haven't tried playing with the
                S-Video connection on the SA4200HD, but I still think you are best off
                using the composite video or a straight coax cable in for watching
                standard def cahnnels.

                --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Cooper Jr."

              • Will Reed
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 10, 2004
                  Can I ask how you got your PIP to work? I have SA4200HD box and
                  Sony 50 grand wega....how do I get PIP working? Is it a mode on the
                  cable box? PLease fill me in. Also whats pass through mode?