RE: [cablevision_digital] Re: INFO and Guide button question....

  • Vincent Raicovi
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 31 7:11 PM
      Actually, it's not. I've tested it on 10 or so channels tonight and
      anything that is cut off by tapping info twice is full when you go into the
      guide and hit info.

      Is it possible you have a different version of the 4200? I have 2 regular
      4200's and 1 4200HD, with just components out. On all three of my boxes,
      going into the guide and hitting info gets you the full description.

      _____

      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
        Don't get too greedy going after the grass on TWC boxes. They
        announced a few months ago that they were going to phase-out both
        Pioneer Passport and SARA guides system wide for an in house "Time
        Warner Cable Digital Navigator." Additioinally, the SARA guide, which
        CV uses is native to the box and only requires program data, while I
        believe the Pioneer system is externally resident, and requires more
        system overhead, like the Sony system.

        --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Vincent Raicovi"

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1292ol3b7/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr

        oups/S=1705035291:HM/EXP=1091300817/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp

        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
          I really wasn't singing the praises of the TWC boxes, only that they seemed
          to have a more polished interface. Obviously, the cost benefit wasn't there
          and that explains them moving it in-house. My main point was when you click
          info, you see the whole description, not an abbreviated one...

          _____

          <vraicovi@o...> wrote:
          > The only way I've found to get the whole description is to go into the
          > guide, highlight the program and hit info. You would think that CV
          would
          > have had the interface programmed this way, especially when you have to
          > click it twice to get a description. I know that CV uses someone
          else to
          > program their boxes, but whoever is doing the TWC boxes in Queens got it
          > right. They also seem to be able to squeeze a higher resolution out
          of the
          > Explorer boxes, similar to that of the Sony's.
          >
          > _____

          <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1297g26o5/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
          oups/S=1705035291:HM/EXP=1091485830/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
          anion.yahoo.com> click here

          :HM/A=2128215/rand=158407208>

          _____

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • ranger96
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 1, 2004
            I noticed that to, the TWC SA Box on screen graphics do look better
            more smooth and high resloution.

            <vraicovi@o...> wrote:
            > I really wasn't singing the praises of the TWC boxes, only that they
            seemed
            > to have a more polished interface.
          • swaqieu
            Message 5 of 13 , Aug 2, 2004
              You are correct!
              I tested it over the weekend..and you're right! Although it's still
              annoying to have to do it htat way...

              <vraicovi@o...> wrote:
              > Actually, it's not. I've tested it on 10 or so channels tonight
              and
              > anything that is cut off by tapping info twice is full when you go
              into the
              > guide and hit info.
              >
              > Is it possible you have a different version of the 4200? I have 2
              regular
              > 4200's and 1 4200HD, with just components out. On all three of my
              boxes,
              > going into the guide and hitting info gets you the full
              description.

              > _____

              subject=Unsubscribe>

              Service
              > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

            • berockin1
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 2, 2004
                Actually my inlaws just moved here from out of state and their old
                Cable co. had the best info guide I've ever seen.
                Similar to ours you'd hit info for a brief description, the hit page
                down for detailed info. Like how much time remaining and what has
                happed in the move up until the point you hit info.. very helpful if
                you miss the 1st 10 mins or so... Other than the info feaure I like
                our guide better. IMHO

                wrote:
                > You are correct!
                > I tested it over the weekend..and you're right! Although it's
                still
                > annoying to have to do it htat way...
                >

                > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Vincent Raicovi"
                > <vraicovi@o...> wrote:
                > > Actually, it's not. I've tested it on 10 or so channels tonight
                > and
                > > anything that is cut off by tapping info twice is full when you
                go
                > into the
                > > guide and hit info.
                > >
                > > Is it possible you have a different version of the 4200? I have
                2
                > regular
                > > 4200's and 1 4200HD, with just components out. On all three of
                my
                > boxes,
                > > going into the guide and hitting info gets you the full
                > description.
                > >
                > > _____

              • Vincent Raicovi
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 2, 2004
                  Now I've heard it all! The guide actually tells you what you missed?

                  _____

                  wrote:
                  > You are correct!
                  > I tested it over the weekend..and you're right! Although it's
                  still
                  > annoying to have to do it htat way...
                  >

                  > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Vincent Raicovi"
                  > <vraicovi@o...> wrote:
                  > > Actually, it's not. I've tested it on 10 or so channels tonight
                  > and
                  > > anything that is cut off by tapping info twice is full when you
                  go
                  > into the
                  > > guide and hit info.
                  > >
                  > > Is it possible you have a different version of the 4200? I have
                  2
                  > regular
                  > > 4200's and 1 4200HD, with just components out. On all three of
                  my
                  > boxes,
                  > > going into the guide and hitting info gets you the full
                  > description.
                  > >
                  > > _____

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lodrvm/M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=gr
                  oups/S=1705035291:HM/EXP=1091589467/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http://comp
                  anion.yahoo.com> click here

                  :HM/A=2128215/rand=855883734>

                  _____

                  Message 8 of 13 , Aug 2, 2004
                    Believe it or not YES... Not overkill but it was very helpful.

                    <vraicovi@o...> wrote:
                    > Now I've heard it all! The guide actually tells you what you
                    missed?

                    > _____

                    Terms of
                    > > Service

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129lodrvm/M=295196.4901138.6071305.30011
                    76/D=gr

                    oups/S=1705035291:HM/EXP=1091589467/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http
                    ://comp
                    > anion.yahoo.com> click here
                    >
                    > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
                    M=295196.4901138.6071305.3001176/D=groups/S=
                    > :HM/A=2128215/rand=855883734>
                    >

                    > _____
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    subject=Unsubscribe>