Firewire to Component Converters - Here's a bunch

  • imbeldar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      Here's link to a bunch of firewire to component converters:

      http://www.synthetic-ap.com/tips/firewireconverters.html

      Wilt...are we getting close to OFFICIAL support of HDTV? Any chance
      you could provide us with some information regarding timeframe,
      channel offerings, firewire->component converters, etc?

      Thanks.
    • rspanbauer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
        The fine point of detail here is that you need a 1394->component
        convertor that supports 5C encryption. The convertor alone isn't
        enough.. Rick

        --- In cablevision_digital@y..., "imbeldar" <imbeldar@y...> wrote:
        > Here's link to a bunch of firewire to component converters:
        >
        > http://www.synthetic-ap.com/tips/firewireconverters.html
        >
        > Wilt...are we getting close to OFFICIAL support of HDTV? Any
        chance
        > you could provide us with some information regarding timeframe,
        > channel offerings, firewire->component converters, etc?
        >
        > Thanks.
      • J. S. Greenfield
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
          It's also not clear whether most of the devices listed are intended for use
          with consumer video equipment using the DV codec, rather than the MPEG-2
          codec and transport stream used by set top boxes. Many of the devices
          listed appear to be SD-only.

          Jonathan