Rollout

  • bucknellalum@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
      I've read that the rollout will be announced w/in the next few
      weeks...looks like it is going to start on Long Island...I'm in CT,
      so I don't expect to see my Sony box until next year at the earliest
      (weep, weep).

      Note to Chuck Dolan: if this gets delayed again I'm heading straight
      to Circuit City and getting a dish!
    • Jim Ribar
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 5, 2001
        Well, It's really logical to start out in Nassau and Suffolk counties.
        Cablevision's HQ/Server's are all in Hicksville, and A lot of the
        tech's like Rick are located in Woodberry. It would be easiest for them
        to start out testing, etc. in the local area, because most of the tech's
        are all on the system they are operating on. So they could get instant
        feedback on how it's working. Also they don't have to send the data
        across to other far away :) places, which throws another situation into
        the mix. Once they get the system working in place, then they will
        start the spread it out further after time.

        The main for the delay in the time, well, what they said it was, was the
        support staff, and probably the field tech's needed to be trained on how
        to support the system, and how the general infrastructure works.

        --Jim
        (Just my ideas)

      • rick@cv.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 10, 2001
          Well, I don't live in Woodbury or anywhere near there, so I'm
          stuck waiting on digital for home, too. Rick

        • dferg@nac.net
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 10, 2001
            I wonder how fast it would be built out if Comcast was allowed to
            overbuild their systems in NJ?

            --- In cablevision_digital@y..., rick@c... wrote:
            > Well, I don't live in Woodbury or anywhere near there, so I'm
            > stuck waiting on digital for home, too. Rick
            >

            > --- In cablevision_digital@y..., Jim Ribar <jimmacr@o...> wrote:
            > > Well, It's really logical to start out in Nassau and Suffolk
            > counties.
            > > Cablevision's HQ/Server's are all in Hicksville, and A lot of
            the
            > > tech's like Rick are located in Woodberry. It would be easiest
            for
            > them
            > > to start out testing, etc. in the local area, because most of the
            > tech's
            > > are all on the system they are operating on. So they could get
            > instant
            > > feedback on how it's working. Also they don't have to send the
            > data
            > > across to other far away :) places, which throws another
            situation
            > into
            > > the mix. Once they get the system working in place, then they
            will
            > > start the spread it out further after time.
            > >
            > > The main for the delay in the time, well, what they said it was,
            > was the
            > > support staff, and probably the field tech's needed to be trained
            > on how
            > > to support the system, and how the general infrastructure works.
            > >
            > > --Jim
            > > (Just my ideas)
            > >
            > > On Wednesday, September 5, 2001, at 04:54 PM, bucknellalum@h...
            > > wrote:
            > >
            > > > I've read that the rollout will be announced w/in the next few
            > > > weeks...looks like it is going to start on Long Island...I'm in
            > CT,
            > > > so I don't expect to see my Sony box until next year at the
            > earliest
            > > > (weep, weep).
            > > >
            > > > Note to Chuck Dolan: if this gets delayed again I'm heading
            > straight
            > > > to Circuit City and getting a dish!
          • Forever1940
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
              What appears below is the first of over 73,000 messages that have been sent to this group in the last 10 years and 1 day (which is when the archiving began -- might have been associated with the switch from egroups to yahoogroups).

              My son started kindergarten that day -- and started 10th grade today. We're getting old.

              --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, bucknellalum@... wrote:

              > I've read that the rollout will be announced w/in the next few
              > weeks...looks like it is going to start on Long Island...I'm in CT,
              > so I don't expect to see my Sony box until next year at the earliest
              > (weep, weep).
              >
              > Note to Chuck Dolan: if this gets delayed again I'm heading straight
              > to Circuit City and getting a dish!

            • Aaron Clow
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
                LOL. Circuit City and Sony Boxes...

                Ah, good times... good times...

                On Sep 6 ’11, "Forever1940" <forever1940@...> wrote:
                > What appears below is the first of over 73,000 messages that have been
                > sent to this group in the last 10 years and 1 day (which is when the
                > archiving began -- might have been associated with the switch from
                > egroups to yahoogroups).
                >
                > My son started kindergarten that day -- and started 10th grade today.
                > We're getting old.
                >

                > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, bucknellalum@... wrote:
                > >
                > > I've read that the rollout will be announced w/in the next few
                > > weeks...looks like it is going to start on Long Island...I'm in CT,
                > > so I don't expect to see my Sony box until next year at the earliest
                > > (weep, weep).
                > >
                > > Note to Chuck Dolan: if this gets delayed again I'm heading straight
                > > to Circuit City and getting a dish!

              • Joseph Dubin
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 6, 2011
                  Congratulations on watching your son grow up through those years - much
                  better viewing than anything one could have found on television.

                  --
                  Mary and Joe