Re: NHL and NBA Packages

  • organizationball
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2003
      My MLB package was OK, and my NHL package was great last year (on a
      27" TV)... but I can't stress how poor the picture quality is this
      year. Absolutely terrible. Would the size of my TV (60") really
      contribute to such poor quality even though the rest of the channels
      are fine?

      --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "Scottbusy"
      <sgbusy@o...> wrote:
      > I have had the MLB Extra Innings pacakge for two years from iO,
      and
      > I am now on my third year of NHL Center Ice from iO. What I have
      > found is the picture quality is very variable depending on the
      feed
      > they get from the local channel broadcasting that game. Some of
      the
      > games are excellent quality some are not. For example, games from
      > Houston, Cincinnati and St. Louis, and others on MLB Extra Innings
      > are excellent quality. Games from Chicago, for one, is of very
      poor
      > quality. This is not Cablevision's fault. The games are passed on
      > to them from the IN Demand company, and the local transmissions of
      > the games are not equal. In short, compare lots of different
      > games. Some are very good quality, and some are not.
      >
      > Scott
      >

      > --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, "moishebids"
      > <mbidner@o...> wrote:
      > > Same with NBA Package. The picture quality is terrible. I am
      > > thinking about going back to Directv. Their picture quality on
      NBA
      > > Package is 100 times better. I don't understand. Can you help
      > Wilt?
      > > Thanks.
    • Wilt Hildenbrand
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2003

        I’ll check into them.

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 3, 2003
          the picture quality is horrible, i noticed this as
          well.

          <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17050352

          91:HM/A=1754451/R=0/SIG=11t8a5ls2/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60178
          > 323&partid=4116732>

          > Terms of Service
          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

        • organizationball
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 4, 2003
            Don't know if this helps figure out the problem, but while watching
            the Detroit gmae last night, the pic was blurry as ususal on my 60"
            widescreen... I hit the Channel guide and the reduced pic in the
            channel guide looked crystal clear. So the problem I guess is kinda
            like when you watch a mpeg on your computer but expand the screen
            until it gets blurry... As I said, I get a great pic on all other
            channels besides the NHL package. Why is this happening?

            --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, Greg Czechowicz
            <greggiec@y...> wrote:
            > the picture quality is horrible, i noticed this as
            > well.

          • John Hedger
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 4, 2003
              One word:  Compression.  If you had a 27" TV, you would have the problem but you wouldn't notice it, unless you sat 3 ft. from the screen.  The larger the screen, the more obvious the compression.

              organizationball <organizationball@...> wrote:
              Don't know if this helps figure out the problem, but while watching the Detroit gmae last night, the pic was blurry as ususal on my 60" widescreen... I hit the Channel guide and the reduced pic in the channel guide looked crystal clear. So the problem I guess is kinda
              like when you watch a mpeg on your computer but expand the screen until it gets blurry... As I said, I get a great pic on all other channels besides the NHL package. Why is this happening?

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • organizationball
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 4, 2003
                So basically you're saying that Cablevision is cutting corners on
                the compression, reducing the pic quality? What the hell? They don't
                cut corners on the pricing of the NHL package. They have to at least
                adjust it so that it's watchable on a big screen TV. Let's get it
                together boys!

                --- In cablevision_digital@yahoogroups.com, John Hedger

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 4, 2003
                  Not at all implying that it's cablevision.  But it is being done somewhere.  I see it on DirecTV Sunday Ticket too.