A FFCF 2008 update for you all and a gift...

  • cabinfeverclayfestival
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1 1:39 PM
      Hello everyone. We hope that the summer is treating you well and
      that the horrible economy and gas prices aren't getting you down too
      much. On my trip to Wisconsin in June, plans were finalized with the
      hotel and some vendors were confirmed for the store. I also
      discovered that Fiskars no longer has a factory in Wausau (they have
      all their manufacturing done in China now - rats!)

      Some of you may be holding off on sending in your registration,
      waiting to see how the economy is going to turn, so we wanted to
      offer additional travel info and an incentive to attend.

      For those flying, options other than flying into Central Wisconsin
      Airport is to fly into one of the larger distance airports and rent a
      car. These airports and distance from Wausau are:

      - Minneapolis: approx. 185 mi – about 3 hours 13 mins;
      - Milwaukee: approx. 189 mi – about 3 hours 21 mins;
      - Chicago: 282 mi – about 4 hours 41 mins;
      - Green Bay: 97.1 mi – about 1 hour 59 mins;
      - St. Louis: 495 mi – about 7 hours 52 mins.

      Flying into Minneapolis, Milwaukee, or Chicago will be less expensive
      and carpooling with someone coming from one of those areas or sharing
      the expense of renting a car with a group of attendees may make it
      much more affordable for all. Please check the database section for
      those willing to carpool. All registered attendees will be eligible
      to receive a gas gift card to help a bit with transportation costs.
      So, if you carpool, it will make it that much more affordable.

      A couple of great websites for lower price airfare are
      http://farechase.yahoo.com/ (I use this all the time!) and of course
      http://www.Priceline.com

      We'd like to hear from you! Let us know what you think...and come
      have some fun in Wisconsin! I will be sending out occasional emails
      with tidbits of information and some fun things to do. Also, anyone
      want to share photos of their swap items? Please post to the photos
      section to we can all see!

      Until later, take care and we hope to hear from you!

      Your Clay Fest planning team