Re: mail

  • kathy.elrick
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 31, 2008
      Julie- I too just looked at all th pulls. WOW! I've made mine but
      they are made from a cane I made withthe NM state Zia. Mine aren't
      pretty or fancy. And I also thingk no one will want to trade. I will
      come with what I have, I don't want to start over. I will do better
      next time.
      Kathy

      In cabinfeverclayfestival@yahoogroups.com, "Julie Eakes"
      <JulieE@...> wrote:

      > Jean - I saw your sipper pulls and they look great. I have only
      started working on mine. I doubt I will post any pics because then
      no one will trade with me.
      > I have noticed on this forum that it takes quite awhile before
      things get posted but they do eventually show up.

      > Julie E

    • Sue Castle
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
        Kathy, Julie, Jean, and everybody else: I don't care what you made, my
        corn zipper pulls are kind of "corny", too (but what says IL more than
        an ear of corn, LOL), but I still want to trade with everybody. It's
        the thought of the thing that counts and a little "souvenir" of my time
        and experiences and the new clay friends I make at CFCF that matters to
        me. I even have enough that I hope everybody will take one whether
        they have anything to "swap" or not.

        In fact, I'm bringing an extra item, as a "Thank You" to all of you and
        the instructors and the people who put this together and especially
        Kathryn that I will have sitting out that I hope EVERYONE will take one
        of.

        Only 16 days, and counting, til CFCF and I can't wait. Sure hope the
        weather cooperates and I can make my connection at O'hare, LOL. See
        you there, Hugs, Sue C
      • Sue Castle
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
          As far as mail, I think the following is the reason: Kathryn does
          work, and since this is a moderated list and messages have to
          be "checked and approved" before being posted, they get posted when she
          has the chance to do so. That's why there is usually a chunk of them,
          rather than being posted as they come in. Thanks for your time and
          hard work, Kathryn. Hugs, Sue C
        • Sue Castle
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
            Kathy, I want to know what the New Mexico "ZIA" is? What's a Zia?
            This will be so fun, I can't wait. I sure hope more than 4 or 5 of us
            are doing the swap, though. Oh well, I'm doing it because I want to,
            not because I expect to get anything back, and again, I hope everyone
            will take one, whether they have anything to swap or not. I made/am
            bringing enough for EVERYBODY and don't want to take my own back home.
            Hugs, Sue C
          • cabinfeverclayfestival
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
              Sue,

              Thanks for that...you are absolutely correct. I have been
              moderating and trying to get things out as they come in, but I do
              work fulltime and have 1 1/2 hour commute each way every day. As a
              matter of fact, I am currently at work sitting in a VITA (Volunteer
              Income Tax Assistance) program training for Saturday, 16 Feb. My
              company is providing free tax preparation services to families with
              an income of under $40K.

              I've moderated other lists as well and since I don't know everyone
              who are members, I don't want to take the chance of some porn or
              other soliciation coming through.

              Thanks for your patience everyone!

              --- In cabinfeverclayfestival@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Castle"
              <chasinrainbows2@...> wrote:

              > As far as mail, I think the following is the reason: Kathryn does
              > work, and since this is a moderated list and messages have to
              > be "checked and approved" before being posted, they get posted
              when she
              > has the chance to do so. That's why there is usually a chunk of
              them,
              > rather than being posted as they come in. Thanks for your time
              and
              > hard work, Kathryn. Hugs, Sue C

            • Sue Castle
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 1, 2008
                I can't even begin to imagine a 1 1/2 hour commute each way every
                day. To me a 1 1/2 hour drive is a "long trip", LOL. This has been
                a huge undertaking for you, I hope you've had some help putting this
                all together. Thanks, again, Hugs, Sue C

                --- In
                cabinfeverclayfestival@yahoogroups.com, "cabinfeverclayfestival"
                <cabinfeverclayfestival@...> wrote:

                > Sue,
                >
                > Thanks for that...you are absolutely correct. I have been
                > moderating and trying to get things out as they come in, but I do
                > work fulltime and have 1 1/2 hour commute each way every day. As a
                > matter of fact, I am currently at work sitting in a VITA (Volunteer
                > Income Tax Assistance) program training for Saturday, 16 Feb. My
                > company is providing free tax preparation services to families with
                > an income of under $40K.
                >
                > I've moderated other lists as well and since I don't know everyone
                > who are members, I don't want to take the chance of some porn or
                > other soliciation coming through.
                >
                > Thanks for your patience everyone!
                >
                > --- In cabinfeverclayfestival@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Castle"
                > <chasinrainbows2@> wrote:
                > >
                > > As far as mail, I think the following is the reason: Kathryn
                does
                > > work, and since this is a moderated list and messages have to
                > > be "checked and approved" before being posted, they get posted
                > when she
                > > has the chance to do so. That's why there is usually a chunk of
                > them,
                > > rather than being posted as they come in. Thanks for your time
                > and
                > > hard work, Kathryn. Hugs, Sue C

              • kathy.elrick
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 6, 2008
                  Sue,
                  The Zia is an Indian symbol for the sun. It is on our flag. It is a
                  red circle with 4 ray on each of the four sides. It represents the
                  four elements of the earth; earth, wind ,fire and water; and the four
                  directions, north, south, east and west. It is in a round cane. I'm
                  not new to PC but am very new to doing canes. I hope people like them
                  it took me three tries to find something that I felt was nice. Only a
                  10 days before I leave for Baltimore I can't wait to meet you.
                  Kathy

                  <chasinrainbows2@...> wrote:

                  > Kathy, I want to know what the New Mexico "ZIA" is? What's a Zia?
                  > This will be so fun, I can't wait. I sure hope more than 4 or 5 of us
                  > are doing the swap, though. Oh well, I'm doing it because I want to,
                  > not because I expect to get anything back, and again, I hope everyone
                  > will take one, whether they have anything to swap or not. I made/am
                  > bringing enough for EVERYBODY and don't want to take my own back
                  home.
                  > Hugs, Sue C

                • Sue Castle
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 7, 2008
                    Thanks for the explanation, Kathy. I finally got too curious and
                    googled it, LOL. I really look forward to your Swap Zia, LOL. I
                    thought it was a neat idea to try to come up with something from our
                    States, but all the swaps look great and I can't wait.

                    Less than 10 days now and we'll be in our first class, I'm really
                    excited to be able to participate in CFCF. See you there. Hugs, Sue C