Re: Bring all our clay conditioned or as is.

  • Jana Roberts Benzon
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008
      Joan,

      Yes, in my workshop, I'd like all clay conditioned prior to
      class (I HOPE I wrote that in the materials list..?!
      lol). Our class time is so precious, that it really helps
      to have stuff like that done ahead of time.

      Thanks so much, and I'm looking forward to meeting you and
      all of the other attendees. Our group is growing...what
      fun!

      Jana
      www.janarobertsbenzon.com
    • Joan Piwowar
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2008

        Hi Jana,
        You mentioned conditioned clay and so did Julie but the others  did not, so I wasn't sure.
        Now that I have you, I do have a question regarding your project.  I am signed up for your workshop and you ask us to bring 3 Skinner blend canes.  Are all 3 canes going into 1 pendant?  I want to make sure I pick colors that go well together.  Looking at your instructions, it sounds like all 3 will go on 1 pendant.  Thanks for any input.

        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 2, 2008
          Yes, Joan, you're right...all three Skinner blend 'canes'
          (or what I often refer to as 'plugs'), will be used in
          creating your canes, which then will be used to make your
          pendant....

          We're gonna have so much fun!

          Jana
          www.janarobertsbenzon.com
        • Joan Piwowar
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 2, 2008

            I actually have another question, I'm sorry.  I thought the Skinner Blend plugs were round canes, but I was on a site that showed plugs and they were squared off rectangles.  I have never heard of "plugs" until recently.  Are our plugs supposed to be rectangular like the one I saw in a tutorial?  Thanks.
            Joan
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008
              Yes, Joan, they're round. If someone wanted you to square
              one off, they'd tell you, I'm sure.

              As I've mentioned, I have a photo in the photo file of our
              Yahoo group showing what you're three Skinner blend
              bullseye plugs (or "canes" if you prefer) should look like.

              Let me know if you need any other questions answered.

              Have a wonderful weekend, all!

              Jana
              www.janarobertsbenzon.com
            • Joan Piwowar
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 4, 2008

                I saw the photo of the plugs the other day and know they are round.  I've always heard them called canes,not plugs, and when I saw on the internet these square things and she called them plugs, I thought maybe they have to be square to be plugs, round to be canes.  Thanks so much.  I think I am done now with questions.
                Joan