RE: [cabinfeverclayfestival] OT - A very sad time for me...wanted to share...

  • Beth Schwartz
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
      I am truly sorry, Kathryn.  I hope that the love you have experienced in your family helps you through this difficult time.  - Beth Schwartz

      To: cabinfeverclayfestival@yahoogroups.com
      From: cabinfeverclayfestival@...
      Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 17:21:40 +0000
      Subject: [cabinfeverclayfestival] OT - A very sad time for me...wanted to share...

      Hello, my friends. My heart is aching - this past Monday, June 10th, I lost my mother because of a massive brain bleed. She was only 76, but her health was declining and she was preparing herself for this moment. It's rather thoughtful that my parents' wedding anniversary was on Tuesday, June 11 - celebrating 58 years. Daddy died 26 1/2 years ago in an automobile accident and Mom has been waiting patiently to join him. I drove through the night to get to her and was able to see her and spend time holding her hand, kissing her face, and comforting her before she was removed from the ventilator. She was a strong woman, raised 8 children, and was one of the most loving people you could imagine. We were with her when she took her final breath and we know that she is with my Dad, sister Diana, and God now. Please pray for our family at this time...there is a great hole that will never be able to be filled.

      If you'd like to read a bit more about this amazing woman, I've included a link below.

      http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Patricia-Ottman&lc=6791&pid=165274690&mid=5562437#.UbkXDFbWDDE.facebook

      Thank you for your patience as I take care of the business at hand. Space still available at Master Class Camp and we will be announcing for Cabin Fever Clay Fest soon.

    • Shaffer, Stacy
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013

        So sorry to hear of your loss—it is never easy to lose your parent, regardless of your age. It always makes one feel adrift in the world, and as you say, there’s a void left behind that no one else can ever truly fill. Wishing you peaceful thoughts and good memories—Stacy Shaffer

        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
          My heart is with you Kathryn.

          cf

          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
            Kathryn,  I am so sorry for your loss.  It is nice to hear that you could be with her at the end.  My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

            Julie

            Sent from my iPad

[...]

          • Helene Goodman
            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
              I am so sorry to hear about your mother. It is never easy to lose our parents no matter how old they or we are. I pray you will have the time you need for healing and grieving.

              Helene

[...]

            • Doreen Kassel
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                Dear Kathryn,
                I'm so sorry about your dear mother. My thoughts are with you. I'm glad you have family and friends for love and support~ much love~ Doreen

                Sent from my iPhone

[...]

              • Suzanne Ivester
                Message 7 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                  I'm so sorry for your loss, Kathryn. I know there's nothing anyone says will ease your pain right now, but please know that many people love you and are thinking of you and Christian.

                  Suzanne

                  Message 8 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                    So sorry to hear of your loss—my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family--
                    Zelodius

                  • klewie911
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                      So sorry for your loss....I know how hard it is and what kind of Huge
                      hole it leaves in ones heart...
                      Sending you loving thoughts and prayers....
                      Be well,
                      Klew

                      Quoting cabinfeverclayfestival <cabinfeverclayfestival@...>:

                      > Hello, my friends. My heart is aching - this past Monday, June
                      > 10th, I lost my mother because of a massive brain bleed. She was
                      > only 76, but her health was declining and she was preparing herself
                      > for this moment. It's rather thoughtful that my parents' wedding
                      > anniversary was on Tuesday, June 11 - celebrating 58 years. Daddy
                      > died 26 1/2 years ago in an automobile accident and Mom has been
                      > waiting patiently to join him. I drove through the night to get to
                      > her and was able to see her and spend time holding her hand, kissing
                      > her face, and comforting her before she was removed from the
                      > ventilator. She was a strong woman, raised 8 children, and was one
                      > of the most loving people you could imagine. We were with her when
                      > she took her final breath and we know that she is with my Dad,
                      > sister Diana, and God now. Please pray for our family at this
                      > time...there is a great hole that will never be able to be filled.
                      >
                      > If you'd like to read a bit more about this amazing woman, I've
                      > included a link below.
                      >
                      > http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Patricia-Ottman&lc=6791&pid=165274690&mid=5562437#.UbkXDFbWDDE.facebook
                      >
                      > Thank you for your patience as I take care of the business at hand.
                      > Space still available at Master Class Camp and we will be announcing
                      > for Cabin Fever Clay Fest soon.

                      --Be Well~ Klew

                      The Spirited Bead & Klews Gallery
                      435 West J Street
                      Tehachapi, CA 93561 Open 6days-closed Tuesdays
                      studio & message ~ 661-823-1930
                      Annual Bead Shows we attend:
                      Pasadena Bead & Design Show: Jan & July
                      Tucson @ The Windmill early Feb
                      Heartland Bead Market, Ramada, Fresno: Sept

                      For updated show or workshop info~ check us out on-line

                      office ~ 661-823-1395
                      http://www.klewexpressions.com
                      http://www.thespiritedbead.com
                      klew@...

                      Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes.~
                      ~ Art is knowing which ones to keep.;>)

                      "The friend I need is one who confirms me, confronts me, and
                      celebrates me." - James Nelson
                    • sarah shriver
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                        Oh sweetie, I am so sorry.
                        I'm happy you both had each other to love while she was here.
                        Warmth and hugs to you,
                        Sarah
                        On Jun 13, 2013, at 10:21 AM, "cabinfeverclayfestival" <cabinfeverclayfestival@...> wrote:

[...]

                        sarah@...

                        www.sarahshriver.com

                        8 Redding Way

                        San Rafael,CA

                        94901

                        (415) 456-7335

                      • wujickca99
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013

                          Kathryn
                          So sorry to hear this news. Know that you have lots of support to get through this.

                          Tina Wujick

                          Sent from my Kindle Fire

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jun 13, 2013
                              Oh, Kathryn.  I am so sorry to hear your sad news.  I am grateful that you were able to be with her.  May your memories comfort you and bring you peace.
                              Hugs,
                              Barb Peck

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jun 14, 2013

                                I’m so sorry to hear about your loss. It is a terrible thing to go through.

                                Linda

                                Message 15 of 18 , Jun 14, 2013
                                  Dear Kathryn,

                                  I am so very, very sorry for your loss and am sending comforting thoughts your way. How wonderful that you were able to see her, hold her hand and kiss her goodbye.

                                  May you and your family be blessed by God's grace in this sad time.

                                  Yours always,
                                  Penni Jo

                                  --- In cabinfeverclayfestival@yahoogroups.com, "cabinfeverclayfestival" <cabinfeverclayfestival@...> wrote:

                                  > Hello, my friends. My heart is aching - this past Monday, June 10th, I lost my mother because of a massive brain bleed. She was only 76, but her health was declining and she was preparing herself for this moment. It's rather thoughtful that my parents' wedding anniversary was on Tuesday, June 11 - celebrating 58 years. Daddy died 26 1/2 years ago in an automobile accident and Mom has been waiting patiently to join him. I drove through the night to get to her and was able to see her and spend time holding her hand, kissing her face, and comforting her before she was removed from the ventilator. She was a strong woman, raised 8 children, and was one of the most loving people you could imagine. We were with her when she took her final breath and we know that she is with my Dad, sister Diana, and God now. Please pray for our family at this time...there is a great hole that will never be able to be filled.
                                  >
                                  > If you'd like to read a bit more about this amazing woman, I've included a link below.
                                  >
                                  > http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignity-memorial/obituary.aspx?n=Patricia-Ottman&lc=6791&pid=165274690&mid=5562437#.UbkXDFbWDDE.facebook
                                  >
                                  > Thank you for your patience as I take care of the business at hand. Space still available at Master Class Camp and we will be announcing for Cabin Fever Clay Fest soon.

                                • Seana