Charm swap -- is 80 REALLY an accurate count?

  • ramsey4x
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2009
      Since this is my first time to CFCF, it's hard for me to know how popular the swap is. What are people thinking? I was to a mixed media retreat in Phoenix and there was less than 20% participation. In contrast, at Clay Carnival in Vegas almost 100% of us made "poker chips" to swap.

      I understand that size/shape is open and the theme is "Everything is Not Always Black and White" which has me thinking that something colored is okay...especially if it has some B/W in it. And that a head pin with loop, jump ring or split ring is needed so as to attach to a charm bracelet or necklace...

      Since I'll be missing the Weds PM activities per my flight departure, will folks want to swap earlier in the week?

      Happy New Year-
      Beth Wegener
    • cabinfeverclayfestival
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
        Hi, Beth. It will be good to see you again! Carol Lavrich is running the swap and I will ask her to answer as well, but the participation varies. I would say probably closer to 80% have participated in the past.

        Yes, colored is ok (I'm doing something black and white with color). Some are doing their charms with lobster claws and others with the head pin or jump ring. Whatever works best for you...Carol can clarify this.

        Yes, we'll figure out something...last year, one person had to leave early, so we had a "collection box" for her...worked out well.

        See you in 1 1/2 months!

        Kathryn