Re: Contest Data

  • B. Scott Andersen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2007
      Thomas,

      Thank you for the note. Don't worry about being new. I'm pretty new,
      too! (I was licensed in 2002.)

      Cab-converter has some manual pages that describe how to work with
      MacLoggerDX during a contest to be sure that the data ends up in the
      correct place. MacLoggerDX (MLDX) has four places to put data: two
      places (sent and received) for numeric data like a serial number, and
      two places (sent and received) for anything else.

      The "supported contests" section of the main page in the Cab-converter
      manual has a list of the supported contests. The links for the contest
      details for each contest tell you exactly what needs to go into each
      of these fields.

      For example, the ARRL SS SSB contest this weekend would use
      both the serial number fields (SRXn and STXn) are used to capture
      the serial numbers and the "srx" and "stx" fields are used to store the
      rest of the ridiculously long exchange (did I say that out loud?).

      The manual has examples of what needs to be done for each QSO.

      Each contest is different. Please read the manual pages BEFORE
      the contest begins. Of course, I'm happy to answer any questions
      you have.

      Good luck in the contest. I hope I get to work you this weekend!
      73!

      -- Scott (NE1RD)
    • wb0m
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 17, 2007
        Hi Thomas,
        What goes where really depends on what's needed (sri abt the
        obvious) and I think I know what's confusing you as it did me at
        first, too. I've sent to a "snapshot" of my ARRL cw sweepstakes log.
        Info, like the state, is picked up from the MacLoggerDX log, per se,
        but in the info you add to srx. Likewise, you need to add your info to
        the stx. Fer instance: K3STX sent me the following info "A K3STX 78
        MDC" which is all required for the contest. All this goes into the srx
        line. Likewise, my info, "A WB0M 76 NE" goes in te stx line and
        doesn't change. You need to change "srx" info for each new station
        (and also the SRXn for this contest). Where the station is on the
        "lookup" does not come into play with Cab-Converter comes into play. I
        hope this hasn't confused you or anyone else. Give this weekend's ARRL
        SSB Sweepstakes a go. GL & 73, Jeff/wb0m

        --- In cab-converter@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas William" <ltrranch@...>
        wrote:

        > Being a little new at contest logging using MacLogger and absolutely
        new to cab-converter,
        > I'm a little confused as to what data belongs where. I understand
        the "serial number" data in
        > the SRX and STX area and how all that works. Now, when data like:
        state, name, 10-10