Bangladesh draft policy advocacy plan on community radio

  • FREDERICK NORONHA
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2002
      Radio could play a key role in harnessing ICTs (informatioin and communication
      technologies) for development. Even if this medium gets step-motherly treatment
      because (i) it is seen as old and outfashioned and hence is simply ignored (ii)
      ruling elites in South Asia seem afraid of the humble radio's potential to
      build awareness among the citizens of this region.

      Recently, AHM Bazlur Rahman of the Bangladesh Coastal NGOs Network for Radio
      and Communication Trust (House:9/4 Road:2, Shamoli, Dhaka 1207 Bangladesh)
      wrote in to say they're working on a draft policy advocacy plan on community
      radio in Bangladesh. Write to Rahman for a copy of this document.

      More details from bcnnrc <bcnnrc@...>
    • partha