Re: [bytesforall_readers] India's National Knowledge Commission to Develop Plan of Action by Oct 2, 2005

  • Subbiah Arunachalam
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2005
      Who are the other members of this Commission headed by Mr Pitroda?

      Arun

      > India's National Knowledge Commission (NKC) with Mr Sam Pitroda as
      > Chairman and Dr P.M.Bhargawa, a molecular biologist, as Vice Chairman
      > has to develop a concrete plan of action by October 2 this year, and
      > it has to be implemented in the next 36 months by October 2, 2008,
      > when the Commission will wind up, submitting a report on tasks done,
      > according to a news report.
    • M. Shamsul Islam Khan
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2005
        Dear Arun:

        Thanks for sharing the important information, but what are the terms and
        conditions of the Commission? It is very interesting to learn the news.

        M. Shamsul Islam Khan
        Head, Publications Unit
        and Managing Editor, JHPN
        Information Sciences Division
        ICDDR,B: Centre for Health and Population Research
        GPO Box 128, Dhaka 1000
        Mohakhali, Dhaka 1212
        Bangladesh

        Phone: 880-2-8822467 (direct)
        PABX: 880-2-8812353-7 and 8811751-9/2116
        Fax: 880-2-9899225, 8823116, and 8826050
        Email: msik@... and jhpn@...
        http://www.icddrb.org/jhpn

        Who are the other members of this Commission headed by Mr Pitroda?

        Arun

        > India's National Knowledge Commission (NKC) with Mr Sam Pitroda as
        > Chairman and Dr P.M.Bhargawa, a molecular biologist, as Vice Chairman
        > has to develop a concrete plan of action by October 2 this year, and
        > it has to be implemented in the next 36 months by October 2, 2008,
        > when the Commission will wind up, submitting a report on tasks done,
        > according to a news report.

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Satish Jha
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1, 2005
          I believe its a serious opportunity to get a time based development of a national strategy for knowledge management and to support it well a comprehensive national information strategy is required. Let us appreciate that as a nation we spend barely a couple dollars per head on our information infrastructure and that's about a percent of what the developed countries do spend. However, the comparisons may be odious as the civil society and the corporate sector invest ignificantly larger sums in the drive to keep OECD countries competitive.

          Of course announcements of such nature must come more transparently but I am persuaded to believe that given the relationship Sam has with the power structure and his various other commitments its an opportunity given to Sam to have a forum to be engaged with his home country. But knowing his approach I am equally confident that the model is so Sam-like it will deliver more than most may expect.

          I recall his first engagement of 36 months and Rs 36 crores in creating CDOT and he was only 3 days late in submitting the final results that included the rural exchange for India. It will be helpful indeed to create a subgroup each from various public forum that we have and represent a consolidated view to the commission. Differences are healthy and contribute to vibrant environment. But differences expressed well and in structured and positive way may be a lot healthier.

          On 4/30/05, Subbiah Arunachalam <arun@...> wrote:

          Who are the other members of this Commission headed by Mr Pitroda?

          Arun

          > India's National Knowledge Commission (NKC) with Mr Sam Pitroda as
          > Chairman and Dr P.M.Bhargawa, a molecular biologist, as Vice Chairman
          > has to develop a concrete plan of action by October 2 this year, and
          > it has to be implemented in the next 36 months by October 2, 2008,
          > when the Commission will wind up, submitting a report on tasks done,
          > according to a news report.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Satish Jha
          www.aiti-kace.com.gh;