Website of eSpots.org Blocked

  • Zubair Faisal Abbasi
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2001
      Love and Peace from Pakistan!
      Dear Friends,

      The website http://www.espots.org (Hosting date: Friday, July 27, 2001 5:50
      PM Expiry Date: 07/27/2002 ) carrying information material on the initiative
      called eSPOTS: Electronic Spots of The Innovative Poor, hosted on a web
      server based in India (Address: 123domainregistry.com C/o Hi-Tech
      Information & Mktg. (P) Ltd.
      28B Shakespeare Sarani, 6C Neelambar Building, Calcutta - 700 017, India)
      stands blocked by the service provider without any prior information on such
      an unprofessional step. The email forwarding facility on my addresses
      zubair@... has also been terminated.

      While India has already launched a major media offensive against Pakistan
      poisoned with war rhetoric, blocked air space, terminated train and bus
      services and called her High Commissioner back, and is feverishly busy in
      huge army building up for launching war on Pakistani borders, this step
      seems to be a minor contribution by an Indian company which could do this
      level maximum in cyberspace at this moment with a small volunteer-based
      zero-funded Pakistani initiative. No one knows what will be the next step.
      What a great message it carries, one surprises!

      Owing to the situation, I want to inform to all friends and recipients of
      the email that eSPOTS has no responsibility whatsoever of the website
      (http://www.espots.org) from now onwards. If any activity is done/material
      is put on the site by hacking or any illegal activity, eSPOTS has no
      connection with it. eSPOTS completely dis-own the website. ICCAN (Internet
      Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) is also being forwarded this
      email to apprize them of the situation.

      Despite all this (ex)eSpots and myself personally stand committed to Peace
      and
      Harmony all over the world --- Peace and Harmony which is based on
      everlasting values of tolerance, pluralism, dignity, and honor.

      Zubair Faisal Abbasi
      Initiator (ex)eSpots.org
      Islamabad, Pakistan.
      ++92-303-6512182
    • Osama Manzar
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2002
        Message

        All at BytesforAll,

        I was going through some of the newspapers and magazines looking at all those happened in 2001, It was really a terrible year, we must feel happy in whatever situation we are in, and pray that everything happens better for the humankind in the Year 2002.
        Enjoy, and be positive.

        Osama Manzar

        Osama Manzar
        Cofounder & CEO, Four C Plus (Internet) Company Pvt. Ltd.
        www.4Cplus.com
        Co-author: The Internet Economy of India, http://www.inomy.com/bookofinomy/book.htm
        Editor-in-chief, INOMY,
        www.inomy.com
        Founder-Director, Digital Empowerment Foundation, http://def.4cplus.net
        Member, Internet SOCiety, www.isoc.org
        Phone: 91-11-2756497, 2750658, Mobile: 91-98100 42862
        B14, Shashi Gardens, Mayur Vihar, Phase 1, New Delhi - 110 091 I N D I A

        ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Tiny Wireless Camera under $80! Order Now! FREE VCR Commander! Click Here - Only 1 Day Left! http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/C7EolB/TM