Re: [bytesforall_readers] Conjunct free Bangla for advance computing

  • Gihan Dias
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29 9:00 PM
      Shahidul Shuvra wrote:

      > Conjunct free Bangla for advance computing
      >
      > Shahidul K K Shuvra
      >
      > What have we done to make Bangla more
      > computer-friendly, especially in preparing a complex
      > free script for programming? Becoming happy with some

      Shaidul,

      I believe that computer technology today is sufficiently advanced to
      fully and correctly handle all the complexity of Bangla and other Indic
      languages.

      Therefore, we should not try to limit our language to fit a particular
      technology, but instead we should extend the technology to fit our language.

      This is the approach we took in implementing the Tamil and Sinhala
      languages in Sri Lanka (which admittedly have much less conjuncts than
      Bangla).

      Regards,

      Gihan
      Advisor, Use of IT in Local Languages,