Wall Street Journal Says OLPC "Stomped" By Tech Giants (Intel)

  • wayan_vota
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 24, 2007
      There is an interesting front page article on One Laptop Per Child
      this morning in the Wall Street Journal. Steve Stecklow takes the
      position that OLPC's computer for the poor was stomped by tech giants
      Intel and Microsoft.

      I'd like to take the position that if OLPC is getting stomped (and I
      don't think its being "stomped" at all), its due to its own
      foolishness and arrogance, as much or more than any underhanded
      competition form Intel or Microsoft.

      I've detailed my opinion here:
      http://www.olpcnews.com/commentary/press/wall_street_journal_olpc_intel_microsoft.html
      and I welcome your comments, opinions, and convictions.