FW: Translating Debian Installer in URDU

  • Fouad Riaz Bajwa
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2006
      From: general-bounces@...
      [mailto:general-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Tahir Abdul Rauf
      Butt
      Sent: Monday, October 02, 2006 11:59 AM
      To: general@...
      Subject: [LinuxPakistan] Translating Debian Installer in URDU

      hi,
      We are working to translate the debian installer for UBUNTU in Urdu
      Language.Please address our queries if you can.

      1) We have translated some programs of UBUNTU as Nautilus, and OpenOffice,
      but now we need to translate Installer for URDU.

      2) How and where to get the Source code of installer such that we could
      translate the pot file, and compile the installer to get the working system
      so that i could install debian from this installer.

      3) How should we test our translations for the installer, For example if
      we have translated some strings of the installer, how should we test it.

      We are looking forward for your immediate response.

      Tahir Rauf Butt
      Bsc(Hons). CS
      PU College of IT
      www.geocities.com\linux_kernel_worm