Website Beta Launch - Request For Feedback by International Free and Open Source Software Foundation iFOSSF

  • Fouad Riaz Bajwa
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2006

      Dear Members of the Global ICT Community,

      It is a great moment for all those who have been collectively promoting the Free and Open Source Software Movement globally. Members of the FOSS Movement policy advocates, academic and research community today have a new home in the form of the “International Free and Open Source Software Foundation iFOSSF” as a result of our combined vision and commitment at the World Summit on the Information Society WSIS, Tunisia2005. I would like to invite all multi-stakeholders of the FOSS Movement to join us and participate in the beta launch of iFOSSF’s official website and make available their comments on how we can improve our outreach and global project funding / grants at http://www.ifossf.org.

      Note: The iFOSSF website is still under continuous development and updating, we apologize beforehand for any inconvenience caused during the beta launch phase.

      About iFOSSF

      The International Free and Open Source Software Foundation (iFOSSF) is a nonprofit organization incorporated in Michigan , United States .  Its mission is to accelerate the development and usage of Information and Communication Technologies with Free and Open Source Software worldwide for sustained economic and social development, especially for the socially disadvantaged.

      Purpose & Strategy

      iFOSSF is one of many organizations within an era of a new global enlightenment committed to improving the quality of life for all world citizens. The organization is centered on FOSS, its purpose is to apply thought leadership in support of innovation and creativity in research and development of FOSS solutions for the benefit of the global community.

      The organization facilitates growth of new and emerging businesses with consideration for equal inclusion, and provide strategic leadership in developing FOSS opportunities that are driven by both market and social contexts. We will achieve our mission and goals by applying the following strategies:

      1. Engagement in R&D using Free and Open Source Software that can help meet the needs for crisis management and economic development by promoting innovative approaches.

      1. Creation of tools & initiatives that can help bridge the digital divide between developed and developing countries.

      1. Cultivation of the organization as a global resource with expertise in FOSS based strategies to create new marketplace(s).

      Governance

      The Foundation is established in August 2006 under the laws of State of Michigan , USA . The organization is organized for exclusively charitable, educational and scientific purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3)* of the United States Internal Revenue Law. Specifically, the Foundation will apply thought leadership in support of innovation and creativity in development of Free and Open Source Software solutions for the benefit of the global community.

      iFOSSF is a directorship driven organization, the organization may at any stage appoint various voluntary committees comprised of members from the Foundation's partner network for providing assistance and advice. The organization's funding is sought through private, government, non-profit grants, individual/corporate sponsorships as well as public and private fund raising activities.

      * IRS review and approval of iFOSSF 501(c)(3) status is currently in progress.

      Regards
      -----------------------
      Fouad Riaz Bajwa
      Secretary & FOSS Advocate
      International Free and Open Source Software Foundation (iFOSSF)

      iFOSSF Secretariate:
      39555 Orchard Hill Place
      Suite 600 , Novi , Michigan 48375 , USA

      Tel: +1.248.232.8875
      Fax: +1.248.232.8875
      Website:
      www.ifossf.org

      Disclaimer:
      The author is a Secretary at the International Free and Open Source Software Foundation iFOSSF. The views expressed in this communication are his personal views and do not represent those of the iFOSSF, its management or the Executive Directors. This e-mail message is intended for its recipient only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please discard it. The author of this e-mail or iFOSSF: International Free and Open Source Software Foundation take no responsibility for its material, implicit or explicit.International Free and Open Source Software Foundation