Harmonic Box X method with bwgen

  • zerodot02
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 20, 2003
      Box X is a method of combining 2 different voices (actually 4, thus
      the "box") and entraining the brain using binaural AND monaural
      beats. Harmonic (and half-harmonic) BoxX involves focusing on a
      specific frequency and multiples of it. Harmonic Box X is an
      incredibly effective way to entrain the brain. So far I've found that
      it is at least 3 times as effective for me. The deep meditation ones
      I made are very fast and effortless in execution. I might upload one
      to the files directory if anyone is interested.

      This is a quick way to make a harmonic box X (described by James Mann
      in Awakening Mind I) in bwgen.

      For this demo:
      Take a desired binaural beat frequency of 15 (beat)
      Take an audible pitch of 500 (pitch)

      Step 1) Add voice 1, assign pitch and beat as above
      Step 2) Add voice 2
      Step 3) For voice 2 pitch, multiply beat by 2 and subtract from
      pitch. So pitch - (beat * 2) or 500 - (15 * 2) = 470
      Step 4) For voice 2 beat, multiply the voice 1 beat (15) by -1, which
      would make it -15

      And that's it! You got yourself a harmonic box X

      The pitches are now as follows:

      V1: 507.5 | 492.5
      V2: 462.5 | 477.5

      507.5 - 492.5 = 15
      462.5 - 477.5 = -15
      492.5 - 477.5 = 15 [monaural]
      507.5 - 477.5 = 30 [crossover freq]
      492.5 - 462.5 = 30 [crossover freq]
      507.5 - 462.5 = 45 [monaural]

      I've found this to be particularly effective with Schumman
      frequencies, using 7.83 as the base. Can produce some interesting
      effects to say the least.
    • Doug
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2003
        Message
        I would be interested to know what frequencies (pitch) you have used in this way, for what purpose and to what result.

        Doug