Fuego de Palabras--wonderful bilingual poetry classes at BV

  • barbeugenio
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2005
      For 3rd to 8th graders--

      Center for Arts in Translation is offering an aftershcool poetry
      class at BV. Enrollment is down and the class will be cancelled if
      we can't get some more students. It meets Mondays at 3:30 in the BV
      library.

      This has been a wonderful experience for my daughter Adela--she has
      been in several sessions.

      Please let me know if you're interested and I can send you the
      registration flyer.

      There is a sliding scale, but we need the equivalent of 3
      additional "full-pay" students to attend ($100 for 8 classes; I think
      they'll reduce the price becasue we're down to 7 classes now). To be
      clear, all kids are welcome regardless of ability to pay, but we need
      $300 in fees to keep teh class going.

      --Barbara

      "Fuego de Palabras students read their poetry in public this last
      year at the Neruda Centennial, the Watershed Poetry Festival, Koret
      Auditorium and the Berkeley Art Center, and were featured on
      Univisión Canal 48 and KQED y KPFA radio. They have been published
      in
      the national River of Words and statewide in California Poets In The
      Schools Anthology and won two grand prizes in the Food for Thought
      and San Francisco Youth Arts Festival poetry contests. Their work is
      richly represented in Map of A Dream: The Best of PIO 2004."

      "Los estudiantes de Fuego de Palabras participaron este año en
      recitales públicos de poesía en el Centenario de Pablo Neruda,
      Watershed Poetry Festival, Koret Auditorium en San Francisco y
      Berkeley Art Center, además de la radio KQED y KPFA y Canal 48
      Univisión. Sus poemas y traducciones han sido publicados en la
      antología nacional River of Words y en el la Antología de
      California
      Poets in the Schools, y ganaron dos premios en los concursos de Food
      for Thought y San Francisco Youth Arts Festival. Su obra también
      está
      bien representada en Mapa de un sueño: Lo mejor de Poetry Inside
      Out
      2004."
    • Ian Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 14, 2005
        I would be very interested in this class but Amelia has a committment thru May on Mondays. I would be interested int he flyer though. May be you could give it to Amelia to bring home. Thank you
        Betsy

        barbeugenio <barbeugenio@...> wrote:

[...]

        Univisi�n Canal 48 and KQED y KPFA radio. They have been published
        in
        the national River of Words and statewide in California Poets In The
        Schools Anthology and won two grand prizes in the Food for Thought
        and San Francisco Youth Arts Festival poetry contests. Their work is
        richly represented in Map of A Dream: The Best of PIO 2004."

        "Los estudiantes de Fuego de Palabras participaron este a�o en
        recitales p�blicos de poes�a en el Centenario de Pablo Neruda,
        Watershed Poetry Festival, Koret Auditorium en San Francisco y
        Berkeley Art Center, adem�s de la radio KQED y KPFA y Canal 48
        Univisi�n. Sus poemas y traducciones han sido publicados en la
        antolog�a nacional River of Words y en el la Antolog�a de
        California
        Poets in the Schools, y ganaron dos premios en los concursos de Food
        for Thought y San Francisco Youth Arts Festival. Su obra tambi�n
        est�
        bien representada en Mapa de un sue�o: Lo mejor de Poetry Inside
        Out
        2004."