Free Sports Physicals and other health services for Youth

  • Shellie Wiener
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2013
      Hi, again,

      I realized after I sent out the message about Tdap Boosters and Sports Team Forms that there is a FREE option for physicals for SF youth age 12-18 at the Balboa Teen Health Center (no one under age 12, please.)  The Teen Center is part of the San Francisco Department of Public Health and is staffed by clinicians, nurses, doctors and other medical professionals as you would find at any of the other City Clinics. As summer school is over, please call to schedule an appointment. All sports physicals require parental consent.

      http://www.sfdph.org/dph/comupg/oservices/medSvs/hlthCtrs/BalboaTeenHlthCtr.asp

      Our Service
      Balboa Teen Health Center (School-Based)
      1000 Cayuga Avenue (near Alemany & Onondaga),  Room 156
      San Francisco  94112

      MUNI Bus Lines: Bus  lines: 14, 15, 26, 29, 43, 49, Balboa Park MUNI and BART Station

      Click for Yahoo map & directions

      Hours:
      Balboa High School Students: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:30 am –5:00 pm
      Other Middle School or High School Students: (12 – 18 year olds): Wednesday 10:30 am -5:00 pm
      By appointment: please call us - 415-469-4512 to refer or clients can call directly

      Confidentiality:
      Services are confidential & don’t require parent/guardian permission unless noted.
      Services:  Primary Care*, Sports Physicals*, Reproductive Health Care, Health Education, Mental Health* and Substance Abuse Counseling.
      * Must have a parent/guardian’s  permission

      Who We Serve: Balboa  High School Students & San Francisco youth, ages 12 - 18