Fwd: May 14, "Raising Bilingual Children" Panel 7:00-8:30

  • Laura Hecht
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 2013

    I hope you are well. I would appreciate your helping me spread the work about an event coming up next Tuesday, May 14th from 7:00-8:30pm. It is a panel about Raising Bilingual Children. Attached are flyers in Chinese, Spanish and English, to print and send home this week, or to email. Interpretation will be provided in Spanish and Chinese, and among the panelists, we are hoping to have a few Fairmount alumni speak about their experiences. It would be great if you can pass it on to parent liaisons, email groups, friends, etc.

    Here are the details:

    Centro Las Olas & James Lick Middle School PTSA
    invite you to an evening panel on:

    "Raising Bilingual Children"

    The benefits, joys and challenges of teaching your child
    to speak in two or more languages

    Tuesday, May 14, 2013

    7-8:30pm

    James Lick Middle School

    1220 Noe Street (between 25th and Clipper) in San Francisco

    $10-15 suggested donation at the door to support Centro Las Olas
    Buy your tickets online today to reserve seat at
    www.centrolasolas.com/bilingualpanel

    The panelists are:

    Dr. Kenji Hakuta, renowned researcher on bilingualism and the brain from
    Stanford University.

    Michelle Anberg-Espinosa, World Language/Dual Language Program Administrator
    with San Francisco Unified School District.

    Wendy Xa, Founder of Presidio Knolls, a Mandarin immersion preschool and
    elementary school in San Francisco.

    Bethica Quinn, Director of Centro Las Olas, a Spanish immersion preschool in San
    Francisco.

    Spanish and Chinese translation available.
    Parking will be available on the school yard for $5-10 donation to support JLMS PTSA. Please enter the lot on 25th between Noe and Castro. Snacks will also be available for sale.

    For more information go to www.centrolasolas.com/bilingualpanel or call
    415-821-6527

    www.centrolasolas.com/bilingualpanel or
    https://www.facebook.com/events/329778387125455

    Thank you so much, and I hope to hear from you soon!

    Warm Regards,

    Maureen Sullivan
    21st Century Science, Art and Literacy Coach
    Academics and Professional Development
    750 25th Avenue
    San Francisco, California 94121
    Tel: (415) 379-7781
    Fax: (415) 750-8687

  • Laura Hecht

      Tuesday, May 14, 2013

      7-8:30pm

[...]

      <flyer-Chinese Translation.pdf>Children_español-flyer.pdf>
      <spanishversionbawpflyer[1].pdf>
      <Englishversionbawpflyer[1].pdf>