library work this sunday

  • Scott Simons
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
      Anybody interested in some library work this Sunday at school?

      poss 11:30 a.m. to ???

      Scott
    • Scott Simons
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 4, 2004
        due to the lack of interest - none - the library work party for this
        Sunday has been canceled

        is there any way that this project can be completed by ......???/

        Scott

        On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:45 AM, Scott Simons wrote:

        > Anybody interested in some library work this Sunday at school?
        >
        > poss 11:30 a.m. to ???
        >
        > Scott
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        Scott
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 4, 2004
          I'm just now checking my e-mails and could make it tomorrow- Let me know.        -Jenny Stanley
          due to the lack of interest - none - the library work party for this
          Sunday has been canceled

          is there any way that this project can be completed by ......???/

          Scott

          On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:45 AM, Scott Simons wrote:

          > Anybody interested in some library work this Sunday at school?
          >
          > poss 11:30 a.m. to ???
          >
          > Scott
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Scott

        • p armour
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 4, 2004
            FYI, i have both Good Life and Rainbow scrip for sale, if people need any
            before the end of the year. can mail it to you.

            Peter Armour
            824-0203
          • Scott Simons
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 4, 2004
              thanks for the interest but I made other plans - hope to see you Tuesday

              Scott

              On Dec 4, 2004, at 1:57 PM, Jenny Stanley wrote:

              > I'm just now checking my e-mails and could make it tomorrow- Let me
              > know.        -Jenny Stanley

              Scott
            • Ancel Martinez
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 4, 2004

                Hey Scott. Yes there is interest in completing ……. Chat soon. Ancel

                due to the lack of interest - none - the library work party for this
                Sunday has been canceled

                is there any way that this project can be completed by .....???/

                Scott

                On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:45 AM, Scott Simons wrote:

                > Anybody interested in some library work this Sunday at school?
                >
                > poss 11:30 a.m. to ???
                >
                > Scott
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                Scott

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                <l.gif>

                Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                Scott

              • Scott Simons
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 5, 2004
                  On Dec 4, 2004, at 10:36 PM, Ancel Martinez wrote:

                  > Hey Scott. Yes there is interest in completing ……. Chat soon. Ancel

                  What will it take ? I have tried demeaning everyone for the lost grant
                  money
                  but that did not work, I have offered just about any weekend or
                  weekday evening, that did not work
                  I have tried Tuesdays and Thursday days, that did not work -

                  Already half the year is gone and we have not used the library

                  As you know Rick Marsh and I (the "Tech Committee") will be gone after
                  next year and
                  we would like to get a lot of these "technical issues" solidified and
                  out of the way,
                  for then the next wave of parents can step in and support the students,
                  teachers
                  and administration with ease. The library is an integral part of this
                  piece.

                  As was said at Faber college "knowledge is good" per the late great
                  Senator Blutarski.

                  So if anyone has any idea how this project can get done in an expedited
                  manner,
                  please step forward and lend us your thoughts

                  go Giants !

                  Scott

                  p.s.
                  does anyone read this list?
                  I just wonder how many people this does reach
                  can everyone who reads this please respond in one form or another
                  we can then get an idea how fast and far this list reaches
                  if you are responding for your entire household - please tell us who
                  you are

                  Scott
                • Kristin Wiederholt
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 5, 2004
                    i'm on the list and get all the emails.

                    it must be incredibly frustrating, scott, and i'm not sure what the solution is.  i didn't respond about sunday because we have plans.  the next few weeks my volunteer time is mostly going to t-shirt organization and sales.

                    but here are a few ideas.  maybe during las posadas, parents could take turns going up for 20 minutes, or during the holiday performance, people could go up when their kid's classrooms aren't up.  that way, people won't have to find an extra time to be there.  it would be difficult to impossible for people with small children in tow.

                    if someone will take over t-shirt sales for me at those events, i'll definitely head up to the library.

                    maybe you could also try a pitch like "give your teacher the best present this year, volunteer to spend time helping finish the library project."  you (or someone else) could even make a little card for parents to give the teacher that shows how many hours they are pledging to work there.  i would guess the teachers would get behind such an effort.

                    okay, those are my thought for now.

                    it would be great to have the library back in use.

                    cheers.

                    kristin

                    due to the lack of interest - none - the library work party for this
                    Sunday has been canceled

                    is there any way that this project can be completed by .....???/

                    Scott

                    On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:45 AM, Scott Simons wrote:

                    > Anybody interested in some library work this Sunday at school?
                    >
                    > poss 11:30 a.m. to ???
                    >
                    > Scott
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Scott

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                    <l.gif>

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Scott

                    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                    <l.gif>

                    Yahoo! Groups Links

                    • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                    Scott
                  • Tanja Kor
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 5, 2004
                      I can help on most Friday mornings, which are now freed up to me, from about 930-1130. I can't do it 12/10 b/c I'll  be out of town, or 12/17 b/c I have other plans, and after that is Winter break, but starting Jan 14 I should have just about any Friday 930-1130 open.

                      Tanja

                      due to the lack of interest - none - the library work party for this
                      Sunday has been canceled

                      is there any way that this project can be completed by .....???/

                      Scott

                      On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:45 AM, Scott Simons wrote:

                      > Anybody interested in some library work this Sunday at school?
                      >
                      > poss 11:30 a.m. to ???
                      >
                      > Scott
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Scott

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                      <l.gif>

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      Scott

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                      <l.gif>

                      Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                      Scott
                    • Paul Collins
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 5, 2004

                        Scott - I get it, read it, owe you a call about Pledge Drive for weeks now, feel lousy that you have been pushing & cajoling so well for so long on this library thing.  Like some on the list, my work, travel, pledge drive/school stuff, and kids have me crazed, beyond saturated w/ chores and trips.

                        I like Kristin's ideas.  Beyond that, I just think a whole lot of BV parents need a huge wake up call
                        regarding the choices they are making around their kids' educations (or I need to greatly lower my expectations!).  It would take great Leadership to send that wake up call in a healthy, compelling way.

                        I very much appreciate your efforts.  As the year turns I'll try harder or smarter to find library time.

                        Paul Collins

                      • Naomi

                          due to the lack of interest - none - the library work party for this
                          Sunday has been canceled

                          is there any way that this project can be completed by .....???/

                          Scott

                          On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:45 AM, Scott Simons wrote:

                          > Anybody interested in some library work this Sunday at school?
                          >
                          > poss 11:30 a.m. to ???
                          >
                          > Scott
                          >

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                          Scott

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                          <l.gif>

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          Scott

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                          <l.gif>

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          Scott

                        • Richard Marsh
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 5, 2004
                            I think the chances of doing anything this year are small. There are
                            plenty of demands on people's time, posadas, christmas shows etc. Let's
                            set a date in January now and give it publicity via this group and
                            noticias.

                            How about Sunday Jan 23rd. It seems a long way off, but 16th is a
                            holiday weekend. Put it in your diaries now - I'll do pastries and
                            coffee and we'll pound those keyboards.

                            Rick

                            On Dec 5, 2004, at 6:34 AM, Scott Simons wrote:

                            > On Dec 4, 2004, at 10:36 PM, Ancel Martinez wrote:
                            >
                            >> Hey Scott. Yes there is interest in completing ……. Chat soon. Ancel
                            >>

                            > What will it take ? I have tried demeaning everyone for the lost grant
                            > money
                            > but that did not work, I have offered just about any weekend or
                            > weekday evening, that did not work
                            > I have tried Tuesdays and Thursday days, that did not work -
                            >
                            > Already half the year is gone and we have not used the library
                            >
                            > As you know Rick Marsh and I (the "Tech Committee") will be gone after
                            > next year and
                            > we would like to get a lot of these "technical issues" solidified and
                            > out of the way,
                            > for then the next wave of parents can step in and support the
                            > students, teachers
                            > and administration with ease. The library is an integral part of this
                            > piece.
                            >
                            > As was said at Faber college "knowledge is good" per the late great
                            > Senator Blutarski.
                            >
                            > So if anyone has any idea how this project can get done in an
                            > expedited manner,
                            > please step forward and lend us your thoughts
                            >
                            > go Giants !
                            >
                            > Scott
                            >
                            > p.s.
                            > does anyone read this list?
                            > I just wonder how many people this does reach
                            > can everyone who reads this please respond in one form or another
                            > we can then get an idea how fast and far this list reaches
                            > if you are responding for your entire household - please tell us who
                            > you are

                          • dzovickian zovickian
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 5, 2004
                              We've been trying to chip away during weekdays, even a couple of books at a time, but our 3 year old doesn't always want to play the part of cooperative sidekick.  It was a real bummer this week when the server was down.  Anyway, we are up for some Jan/Feb dates.

                              Dave and Laura Zovickian

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 5, 2004
                                What weekday evenings are a possibility?  (Maybe even during the two-week holiday??) I could get so much more done without the baby.  Please let me know- I'll be working at my son's school on Tuesday, but maybe I'll see you on Thursday and we can talk about it.  Thanks-Jenny Stanley
                                due to the lack of interest - none - the library work party for this
                                Sunday has been canceled

                                is there any way that this project can be completed by ......???/

                                Scott

                                On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:45 AM, Scott Simons wrote:

                                > Anybody interested in some library work this Sunday at school?
                                >
                                > poss 11:30 a.m. to ???
                                >
                                > Scott
                                >

                                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                Scott

                              • christina badasow
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 9, 2004
                                  Hey Scott, With all of the cuts in this city, it is embarrassing that our children have this library that is not being used.  I am willing to help.  I've had to take this semester off from helping out at BV so that I could graduate from SFSU by December.  Starting January I'll have some time to help out in the library.
                                  Take care,
                                  Christina

                                  due to the lack of interest - none - the library work party for this
                                  Sunday has been canceled

                                  is there any way that this project can be completed by ......???/

                                  Scott

                                  On Dec 2, 2004, at 8:45 AM, Scott Simons wrote:

                                  > Anybody interested in some library work this Sunday at school?
                                  >
                                  > poss 11:30 a.m. to ???
                                  >
                                  > Scott
                                  >

                                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  Scott

                                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                                  click here

                                  Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid
                                     Audre Lorde

                                  Christina Terese Badasow
                                  Stay-In-School Family Resource Center
                                  San Francisco State University
                                  1600 Holloway Ave HSS 120
                                  San Francisco, CA 94132
                                  Phone (415)405-3908
                                  Fax (415)405-3404
                                  Email cbadasow@...
                                • Hagelshawj@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 10, 2004
                                    I've been working my way through the shelves when I can.

                                    Thanks Scott for hooking up the scanner to one of the computers. It makes
                                    the job MUCH easier..and faster. Sometimes I've got only 15 minutes...enough to
                                    do a 1/2 a shelf or so.

                                    So...why aren't the teachers bringing the students in anyways??? I know
                                    Aurora isn't there all the time. Let's see: the 4th and 5th graders can be
                                    trained to put the books on the shelf. Now that the weather's sometimes wet, it
                                    would give kids another option to being outside or in their classroom. The
                                    teachers know how to use the library (one would assume). So, what's the problem?

                                    Julie