Reading and Vocabulary

  • hope.schmeltzer
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
      As we enter Read-a-thon, I saw this interesting article about the importance of a rich vocabulary. Obviously, reading interesting and challenging books is a wonderful way to improve vocabulary.

      http://www.city-journal.org/2013/23_1_vocabulary.html
    • Dr. Lapin
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
        Thanks for the link, Hope.

        "A large vocabulary results not from memorizing word lists but from acquiring knowledge about the social and natural worlds."

        Which means that social studies and science should be primary, and the language arts should derive from the study of the natural and social world.

        When will we prosecute the fossil fuel corporation directors and CEOs for genocide and crimes against humanity? Shouldn't we be talking about this?

        <dr.lapin@...>
        skype: dr.lapin