BVHM Art at DeYoung Museum for Young at Art Festival This Week

    Message 1 of 2 , May 17 10:22 PM
      Dear Parents,
      BVHM has 5 group art projects and 5 individual art projects from our elementary school, and 3 group projects from our middle school, on display at the deYoung museum at the Young at Art youth arts festival during this week through Sunday, May 20. There is a special culminating event on Friday, May 18,from 5:00 to 8:00 PM to which all are invited. Please visit this link at http://www.youngatartsf.com/ for more details. I saw the show yesterday, and it is well worth a visit!
      Thanks,
      Bob

      The San Francisco Unified School District proudly unveils the 2012 Young at Art festival; an 8 day celebration of student creativity in visual, literary, media and performing arts hosted by the world renowned de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park from May 12-20, 2012 (closed Monday, May 14, 2012).  For the past 26 years this unique San Francisco event, (formerly San Francisco Youth Arts Festival), has been a point of destination for families, teachers, artists and community members from San Francisco and beyond. The promise of equity and access in arts education for all students K-12 during the curricular day, made real by the SFUSD's groundbreaking Arts Education Master Plan, finds its point of destination in Young at Art, where all who attend may see for themselves the inspiration and creativity inherent in all of our youngest San Franciscans!

      Many pieces of artwork in the lobby of this year's festival will be centered around the 75th Anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge theme. Celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge at the de Young Museum on Friday, May 18, 2012 from 5:00 to 8:00 PM!

      Bob Armstrong  (415) 515-8815 (cell phone)  Bob's Art Website: http://bobarmstrongart.com
      926 Esmeralda Ave. San Francisco, CA 94110
    • Cathy
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18 11:21 AM
        I encourage you to go to the deYoung tonight, May 18, from 5-8pm to not only celebrate our student art but to help honor Bob Armstrong who has built this great art program at our school. He will be presented with a special Dreamcatchers award tonight. (sorry for the last minute notice Bob just told me last night)