Fwd: Photos from the Garden

  • Naomi Fiss
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 1:29 PM
    Hi everyone out there in BVHM land,

    A few pictures from our days of planting veggies, wild flowers and apple seedlings! Keep your fingers crossed the birds / pigeons don't eat the seeds in the ground and that the apple trees successfully mature (supposedly a high rate of failure with those babies). We had so much fun with Nora's second graders planting the apple trees with me, Jeanne Darrah and her kids, BV graduates Darrah and Guard Robinson. Some of Ben's first graders helped plant rows and rows of purple and multi colored carrots, plus cucumbers and cauliflower. Debby's (and soon Linda and Zulema's) Kinder class planted seed bombs filled with wildflowers (see picture); and random third graders and second graders at lunch planted an herb bed. I loved some comments: "This is the best day EVER" or, "Eeek a worm"!

    Those gorgeous signs were made by Megan McMahon's middle school students. They really brighten up the garden.

    If you could help me spread the word: try not to walk on the newly planted beds and please watch the apple trees grow (in other words, do not get tempted to pet it like a dog).

    On Friday we'll be planting some snap peas and watermelons, and more wildflowers.

    Naomi

    PS I apologize if you're receiving this email twice: the first bounced back to me, but some of you received it. Not sure what's going on!

    --
    Naomi Fiss | Photography
    www.naomifiss.com

    --