ODC/Dance Downtown - A Force at 40 - On Sale Now!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2011
      Dear All,
      Please check out ODC, our friends and neighbors in the Mission. They are always generous towards BV, and sent one of their founders and directors, KT Nelson, to read to our kids for the Read a Thon.

      From: ODCDance@...
      To: strongarm_art@...
      Subject: ODC/Dance Downtown - A Force at 40 - On Sale Now!
      Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:36:21 +0000

      Message body
      Feb 1

      “We are proud to celebrate another milestone in a year of landmark moments. In the last year ODC/Dance has traveled to Southeast Asia as an ambassador of the U.S. State Department in its inaugural DanceMotion USA Tour. We premiered a new work at the unveiling of our beautiful new state-of-the-art community theater—so many years in the making—to packed audiences and hugely enthusiastic reviews.  And now we celebrate our 40th anniversary as one of the oldest and most comprehensive contemporary dance institutions in the country. As an organization we are equal parts expansive and reflective, and both of these feelings have found expression in the programming for our 40th Anniversary season.”  - Brenda Way

      ODC/Dance Downtown - A Force at 40
      March 11-27
      On Sale Now!

      A force at 40, ODC celebrates four decades of smart, exuberant, fearless dance with a special anniversary home season at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts.

      The 40th Anniversary Season features Brenda Way’s Speaking Volumes: Architecture of Light II the second in a series of works with an original score by Jay Cloidt. Co-Artistic Director KT Nelson and acclaimed movement artist Shinichi Iova-Koga will premiere Listening Last, a collaborative work with an original soundscape by Dan Rathbun. Associate Choreographer Kimi Okada also presents a new work, her first for the company in six years, I look vacantly at the Pacific….though regret that explores the humorous and often awkward attempts at cross-cultural understanding. In addition to these three world premieres, the season will feature the return of four classics from ODC’s repertory: Waving Not Drowning (A Guide to Elegance), Stomp a Waltz, Investigating Grace and John Somebody.

      As always, there will be many opportunities to celebrate together and connect. From the Opening Night Gala, to the Meet the Dancers Party to "Martinis in the Balcony" Talks, everyone will be able to find the perfect night to toast the company. Whether its in black tie or boots, join us March 11-27 to fete ODC's 40 years of dance-making.
      Tickets: $10-60
      On Sale Now
      Buy online at www.odcdance.org/downtown or call 415.978.2787. (Tues-Sun)

      Novellus Theater at YBCA
      Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater
      700 Howard Street at Third, San Francisco
      (415) 978-2787

      Buy Tickets

      ODC_invitepostcard_front_5x7SAVE THE DATE
      Women Who Frame the World. A Symposium on Creativity.
      April 12-13
      ODC Theater

      The symposium will foster interaction with pioneering women artists and a panel of entrepreneurial innovators who will reflect on the notion of creative sources for their own work: conceptual, organizational, or political. Attendees can look forward to new connections, unexpected insights, first-hand artistic experience and creative inspiration. This event will, for the first time, bring together a roster of some of America's most influential and thought-provoking women artists, authors, and change-makers including Jorie Graham, Anna Halprin, Lynn Hershman Leeson, Beverly Pepper, Mona Simpson, Brenda Way, Eleanor Coppola, Laurie Anderson, Carol Gilligan and more. wwwhttp://www.womencreativity.com

      Or contact Elizabeth Baribeau at (415) 863-6606 x117 elizabeth@....

      The conference fee that includes both April 12th and 13th plus a gala dinner on the 13th is $850* per person. *After March 4, conference fee is $1150.

      ODC in the Press

      SF Chronicle: Brenda Way's Waving Not Drowning named by Chronicle as one of the best of 2010 and as MVP for her work in bringing the new ODC Theater online.

      SF Chronicle: Brenda Way reshapes San Francisco ODC Theater

      New York Times: Getting the Grand Tour, and a Performance, Too

      SF Bay Guardian: Architecture of Light gives the new ODC the gala welcome it deserves

      ODC Theater News

      The 2011 season is on sale now! The festivities of the inaugural season continue into the winter and spring as we bring artists from around the country to our new home. The eight weekends of performance will include the Black Choreographers' Festival, Sarah Michelson, RAWdance, Catalyst Dance and more. Visit www.odctheater.org for more information and to buy tickets.

      ODC School and Rhythm & Motion News

      Studio to Stage with ODC/Dance
      Have you dreamed of working side by side with ODC's dancers and choreographers in an intimate workshop setting? Don't miss our third annual Studio to Stage repertory workshop with ODC/Dance.  Work directly with the ODC dancers as they teach you solos from the upcoming season of Dance Downtown. Then, see it performed on stage at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts...feel free to dance along in your seat! More Info

      Photos top to bottom: RJ Muna, RJ Muna, Design by Hive

      Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Box Office
      3153 17th Street @ Shotwell
      415-978-2787 (Tue-Sun, 12-6pm)
      701 Mission Street at Third, San Francisco, CA 94103

      ODC Theater & Box Office
      3153 17th Street at Shotwell, San Francisco, CA 94110

      Box Office Hours: Wed-Sat; 12-6pm
      Phone: (415) 863-9834
      Online (24 hrs):
      In person (no service fee with cash)

      ODC Dance Commons

      351 Shotwell Street @ 17th Street
      San Francisco, CA 94110

      Click to view this email in a browser

      ODC Dance
      351 Shotwell St
      San Francisco, California 94110
      Non-Profits Email Free with VerticalResponse!