Fw: [SF_AME] SFUSD to change school bus routes [4 Attachments]

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2010

      -----Forwarded Message-----
      From: Heather World
      Sent: Nov 16, 2010 10:47 AM
      To: PPS , GPP , sf_ame@yahoogroups.com, Alvarado ES
      Subject: [SF_AME] SFUSD to change school bus routes [4 Attachments]

      [Attachment(s) from Heather World included below]

      Hi all,

      SFUSD is starting the difficult process of cutting and revamping its yellow school bus service, and the district would like your input.

      (Students with IEPs that require transportation will not be affected.)

      At this point they have only lofty goals to share (support diverse enrollment and traditionally underenrolled schools), but they expect to have a proposal with specific routes by late January or early February.

      There is no way the folks at the district can think of everything, so it is very important to bring up the points you think are important so they can use that information when creating their proposal.

      I have attached the flyers (in English, Chinese and Spanish) announcing the process as well as a FAQ that goes into more interesting detail. As you'll see, they are asking people to join "community conversations" that they plan to post online in December. Please share them with your school communities if you think anyone there will be affected.

      I will also try to keep you up-to-date on the changes, the meetings and anything else as much as I can. I would also be happy to gather your suggestions and take them to meetings, too. Feel free to email me at h_world@...

      Thanks,
      Heather World
      (mom of a 4th grader and K at Alvarado ES)