Fw: [SF_AME] Help Us Win! Prop. D event for families 10/9, 4-6pm, Mission Cultural Center

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2010

      -----Forwarded Message-----
      From: kathycoll66
      Sent: Oct 2, 2010 1:38 PM
      To: SF_AME@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SF_AME] Help Us Win! Prop. D event for families 10/9, 4-6pm, Mission Cultural Center

      I hope it is alright to post this information and invite folks to follow up with me off-list if that is more appropriate. Prop. D seems pertinent to AME due to this group's commitment to advocacy for school district accountability to all students' families, especially linguistically diverse, immigrant families.

      If Prop. D passes this Nov. 2, all parents/legal guardians of SFUSD students will become eligible to vote in School Board elections.

      Join YES on D supporters to learn more about this important family initiative. There will be children's activities, cultural performances, special guest speakers, and refreshments:

      Mobilize the Vote
      Saturday, October 9, 4pm-6pm
      Mission Cultural Center
      2868 Mission St. @ 25th (near 24th/Mission BART)

      Prop. D has been endorsed by everyone from the entire current School Board membership and most candidates, to SF's state legislators, Coleman Advocates, Parents for Public Schools, and the teacher's union (UESF). A similar measure lost by a tiny margin in 2004, so we need your help to win this time.

      This is my first post and I'm not sure how to send an attachment, but will try to upload a FLYER TO CIRCULATE about this event now. It also has answers to Frequently Asked Questions. I will post Spanish and Chinese flyers as soon as they are available as well. For more info., please email me off-list or check out out the website:

      http://www.votepropd.com/

      Thanks to AME for all your great work on behalf of our schools and linguistically diverse families, too,
      Kathy Coll
      AME supporter & former BV-JLMS-SIP parent