Pachanga Needs the Night of and day After.

  • hajdeja ehline
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 21, 2010
      Before I go into the specific needs of volunteers that we are looking for I'd like to say that we are very close in securing child care provisions that Friday night with Buena Vista Child Care for  a very reasonable hourly price. Yippiee!! More information will come soon as we iron out the details but we would love all of our community to engage in a night of fun and we're trying to make this affordable for all!!! So please stay tuned.
      Until then here are some volunteer opportunities ( in bold) to sign up for . Because we do deed you.  Can someone translate in Spanish and communicate out?. Please call me or e-mail if any of this seems unclear. Thanks in advance in helping and participating we can't do this with out you! Thanks Hajdeja

      Set up Auction (4 + people)
      • set up art • set up food areas • set up bidding areas • set up the jewlery areas / various donations (will need ladders / hammers / tape and more specifics to come)

      Check-in (4 people) split up so 2 people at a time for 2 hrs each.
      2 people welcoming bidders (we'll call them "Greeters"), asking them to fill out bidder information cards, assigning bidder numbers, and answering any questions. Make sure donors and sponsors are on the Guest list provided.

      Bid Sheet Entry/Data entery/greeters
      Bidder info cards were then passed along to the data enterers who entered data into the computer system. • Need 2 people / Need 4 computers total.

      Final Tally Printing (10 pm- 12:30)
      After all bids were entered, the final tallies were printed and passed on to the Gift Certificate Collators. after bidding has ended. We are looking at staggered timing for this so we don't have bottleneck effect. Need 1 printer and ink/paper.

      Gift Certificate Collation
      2 people in charge of pulling the various certificates and stapling them to the final tallies. The final tallies and associated gift certificates are then organized by bidder number.

      Item Pickup or Runner
      Bidders first went to the Item Pick-up line and gave their bidder number to one of the Gift Certificate Collators. Their tally and gift certificates were pulled, and if they had any tangibles (clothing, wine, jewelry, etc.), a separate team of 2-3 people (we'll call them "Runners") went to fetch the tangible goods. Once all of the bidder's items were together, the bidder would go to the Checkout line.

      Checkout
      There were two lines: one for credit cards and another for cash. The cashiers were only concerned with taking money. The cashiers took the tally sheet and recorded the type of payment (this was really useful for post-auction record-keeping). Sometimes people wanted to keep their tally, in which case they would go over to the data entry folks and request a copy.

      Clean up and break down of event (10 people for the next day / Sat Morning 9:00 am on)

      Make calls to people to pick up winning items (2 people) (Day after event for a whole week)

      Financial tracker (manages and oversee's the money made the night of until a week or so later)

    • Ian Williams
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2010
        hello
        betsy s. will set up and do food. where do we bring donations????

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 23, 2010
            Bring donations to the school.

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 23, 2010
              Morning Jenny,
              Irene and I got together  last night to see where we are, and the good news is is that were in better shape then last year. YIPPIEE. more volunteers and contributions fr Irene's end.
              Anyhow 2 big things that we are wanting to do regarding the teachers donations:
              1. I am not going to design special printout for these donations, they are time consuming and I don't think necessary. We can use the black and white print outs we had the teachers write on and put in a envelope. What do you think?.

              2. Irene and I spoke about  having just the "teachers" donations at school for EVERYone to take part in so it's inclusive to the entire community and would provided all families an opportunity to bid on.  We are looking at having the teachers donations up for 2 weeks at the school ending 3:30 pm on March 19th. Irene will speak with Larry this morning to discuss I just wanted to give you the heads up.

              Cheers, call me if you have any questions. H

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 23, 2010

              • oceanrberg@earthlink.net
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 23, 2010
                  Great idea about teachers donations at the school! Go school spirit! Yeah