Fw: Standards Setting for STAR test in Spanish- Feb 4-11
- Needed Spanish bilingual, biliterate folks (parents, teachers, administrators).This was copied from a post from District PTA. If interested, the details are below.JulieAlum parent of Fairmount and Buena VistaCurrent parent at Hoover and PIE President----------
You are invited to apply to participate in a California Standardized Testing and Reporting (STAR) Program standard setting process for the Standards-based Tests in Spanish (STS) for grades two, three, and four. A standard setting determines the cut scores for reporting performance levels (advanced, proficient, basic, below basic, and far below basic).
Participants in the STS standard setting panel who are NOT teachers or curriculum specialists must meet the following criteria:
· Be a: school administrator, parent/guardian of a student enrolled in bilingual education, or a bilingual community representative
· Be bilingual and biliterate in Spanish and English
· Have at least three years of close involvement in bilingual education, including familiarity with the capabilities of students taking the STS (Other examples of involvement include having leadership roles with bilingual parent groups, experience working with and/or representing teachers in bilingual education, or having a demonstrated leadership role in bilingual communities in California, especially as related to education.)
· Knowledge of and experience with the California content standards is highly desired, but not required
Standard setting for reading/language arts is scheduled for February 4–6, 2009, in Sacramento. Standard setting for mathematics is scheduled for February 9–11, 2009, in Sacramento. ETS will pay for all travel expenses; however, no stipends for your time are available.
If you are interested in participating in the STS standard-setting process, please complete the on the next two pages and send it to Dan Stanley at ETS as soon as possible using one of these methods:
· E-mail: dstanley@...
· Fax: 916-403-2462
· Mail: 1600 K Street, Suite 4A, Sacramento, CA 95814
Please return the completed form by January 26, 2009. If you have any questions, please contact Dan by e-mail at the address given above or by telephone at 916-403-2428.
NOTE: Submission of this application does not constitute appointment as a panelist. Your application will be evaluated by the California Department of Education (CDE) to determine whether you meet the program requirements. If your application is approved, you will be invited to participate as a panelist. If your application is not approved, you will be notified.
Preferred mailing address?
Preferred mailing address?
Include current student grade level
Community Leadership positions held:
(Message over 64 KB, truncated)