Re: sports basement shopping party

  • Amanda Johnson
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 21, 2008
      Hi all -
      I checked those 3 dates against the PTA calendar, which includes
      school and PTA events (but does not yet include SSC and ELAC
      meetings). Right now, all 3 dates are open.

      FYI, October 11 is Yom Kippur.

      cheers,
      Mandy

      --- In bvpta@yahoogroups.com, Victoria Doll-Polanco <vdollpo@...> wrote:

      > Any of those seem good to me personally, but Judy and/or Kathy
      Manshell probably have a good sense of events at school. Hopefully
      they respond. I'd rather have it earlier since I'm running a marathon
      in Portland, OR on 10/5, I can stock up on Guu.

      > Victoria Doll-Polanco
      > Buena Vista Elementary School
      > 2641 25th Street
      > San Francisco, CA 94110
      > Phone 415-695-5875
      > Fax 415-695-5311
      >

      > To: jamesLick@yahoogroups.com; bvpta@yahoogroups.com
      > From: tdauphin@...
      > Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:56:14 -0700
      > Subject: [bvpta] sports basement shopping party

      > I was just informed that I won a sports basement
      shopping party.

      > We pick a date and from 5-8pm snacks and beer and wine are served
      >
      > while we shop. I am trying to set up a dj (Dave) for entertainment
      >
      > so people may stay longer and buy more!! Sports basement will give
      >
      > %20 of all purchases to the schools. I have selected two schools
      >
      > because the more people who attend and buy the more money will be
      >
      > raised. The maximum number of guests is 500. I will split the
      >
      > profits equally between Buena Vista and James Lick. I have 2 kids at
      >
      > each school so it seems fair. If 300 people attended and spent at
      >
      > least $20 each school would get $600. If 300 people spent $40, each
      >
      > school would get $1200.
      >
      > 3 dates need to be selected and weeknights would probably be better.
      >
      > I am suggesting Sept. 11, 25 or Oct. 9. Any conflicts with these
      >
      > dates?

      > Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD
      with Windows®.

    • Traci Dauphin
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 4, 2008
        Friday, September 26th from 5-8 pm is the night available for the
        shopping party. Please let me know ASAP if any conflicts with this
        date. We will have the basement grotto area reserved. Grandmaster DJ
        Dave will be playing hip tunes. Beer, wine and snacks will be
        provided. The living room area on the main floor will be set up as a
        kids area with snacks and a movie. We will receive 20% of all
        purchases made which will be equally split between the 2 schools.
        Posters will be given to us to promote the event and an evite will be
        set up to get an idea of how many people to expect. It is very
        important to rsvp to the evite and include any friends who may want to
        attend and support our schools.
        thanks,
        Traci
      • Angela Callol
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 4, 2008
          Which Sports Basement? Bryant St. or Presidio?
          thanks

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 4, 2008
            bryant st.