San Francisco Ethnic Dance Festival-This Week's Dance E-Pick on SFGate!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2008
      Dear All,
      If you have a chance to attend the Ethnic Dance Festival this weekend, you will find our own Dance Teacher for the K/1/2's, Jesus Cortes, will be dancing. He will be dancing this weekend only.
      Please go if you can!
      Thanks, Bob

      Bob Armstrong 926 Esmeralda Ave. San Francisco, CA 94110 (415) 515-8815 (cell phone)

      Sent by: World Arts West
      Reply to the sender
      Forward to a friend
      ..........................    ....                          Shabnam photo by RJ Muna

      The San Francisco Ethnic Dance Festival
      is proud to be this week's Dance E-Pick on SFGate!

      Weekend One of the 30th Anniversary San Francisco Ethnic Dance Festival was a phenomenal experience, featuring a myriad of exhilarating performances
      from cultures around the world. We're excited to be receiving wonderful reviews
      and coverage from the media, including being selected as the Dance E-Pick on
      this week's SFGate:

      Worlds Collide
      The San Francisco Ethnic Dance Festival is always a special event. This year, celebrating their 30th (yes, 30th) anniversary, the indefatigable organizers have thrown together some super-duper special treats. First, the Festival has expanded to four weekends, each with a different lineup of performers. While it may be possible to overdose on the EDF, I haven't come close to it yet; in this case, more is definitely more. In addition to our fine local groups, 50 (yes, 50) international guest stars from all over the planet will appear, including many master musicians. Most of them are teachers or mentors of Bay Area artists, so what we are seeing is the Festival's theme of lineage in action. Local teacher-artists, many of whose histories are intertwined with the festival's, are well represented (four are receiving lifetime achievement awards). In addition to the performances, the festivities feature "30 Events Celebrating 30 Years" including workshops, dance parties and a photo exhibition at the San Francisco International Airport. There's no way I can describe all the wonderful things that are going to happen - you'll simply have to see for yourself. The EDF is a magnificent showcase for the astonishingly diverse, astoundingly accomplished Bay Area ethnic dance community. There's never a good reason to miss it, this year least of all. - Kitty Luce, special to SFGate

      Buy your tickets NOW and join us for any of the next three weekends:
      June 14 & 15; 21 & 22; 28 & 29, 2008
      Saturdays at 2 & 8 pm, Sundays at 2 pm

      Visit www.worldartswest.org for a complete schedule of Festival performances and events, as well as additional articles and features on this year's event. Purchase your tickets at www.cityboxoffice.com, www.tickets.com or by calling 415-392-4400.

      Thank you for supporting World Arts West!
      World Arts West, Fort Mason Center, Bldg. D, San Francisco, CA 94123
      phone: (415) 474-3914, fax: (415) 474-3922, email: info@...

      This e-mail was sent from World Arts West
      Immediate removal with PatronMail®
      SecureUnsubscribe
      .
      This e-mail is powered by PatronMail, professional e-mail marketing for arts, nonprofits & creative businesses.
      To forward this e-mail to a friend or colleague, use this link.
      To change your e-mail address or update preferences, use this link.