Library

  • Scott Simons
    Message 1 of 22 , May 1, 2004
      On Sunday there is Carnaval practice from 10-1, I will be meeting
      The world renown Peter Armour there for Library Input orientation and just
      plain fun and get together - if any other brave souls would like to donate
      the minds to science - please stop by - early and often

      Lets get the show on the road !

      Scott

      --
      Scott@...
    • Ancel Martinez
      Message 2 of 22 , May 3, 2004

        Dear All,

        I’d like to know among families, teachers, staff and others: Who among you would be interested in using free internet access at school via their PC laptop? I know a company whose representatives have met with Mark A. and that can donate wireless routers. The wireless service could be used by parents to send and receive email, or surf the web from BV. For instance, if you were waiting for your child before, during or after school, this could available to you. Or you could work with your child in the library on a particular project. Think of a WiFi Hotspot for the BV community. (It would be the user’s responsibility to have a PC laptop with a wireless card). Please let me know what you think. I for one, would love it.

        Saludos, Ancel

        ancelmartinez@...

        Ancel Martinez, PTA Exec Board

      • Richard Marsh
        Message 3 of 22 , May 3, 2004
          This would be great to have, even though initially it may only benefit
          a few parents. It may also benefit some of the rooms in the school
          where we don't have ethernet cabling (and would save me from having to
          spend more time drilling holes through various walls.)

          We also need to publicize the fact that there are already internet
          connected computers in the library that can be used by the school
          community.

          Thanks Ancel

          Rick

          On Monday, May 3, 2004, at 04:51 PM, Ancel Martinez wrote:

          > Dear All,
          >
          > I’d like to know among families, teachers, staff and others: Who among
          > you would be interested in using free internet access at school via
          > their PC laptop? I know a company whose representatives have met with
          > Mark A. and that can donate wireless routers. The wireless service
          > could be used by parents to send and receive email, or surf the web
          > from BV. For instance, if you were waiting for your child before,
          > during or after school, this could available to you. Or you could work
          > with your child in the library on a particular project. Think of a
          > WiFi Hotspot for the BV community. (It would be the user’s
          > responsibility to have a PC laptop with a wireless card). Please let
          > me know what you think. I for one, would love it.
          >
          > Saludos, Ancel
          >
          > ancelmartinez@...
          >
          > Ancel Martinez, PTA Exec Board

          <image.tiff>

          <image.tiff>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • holly link
          Message 4 of 22 , May 4, 2004
            sounds great! thanks, ancel.

            holly

          • Aldaz, Maria E
            Message 5 of 22 , May 4, 2004
              Scott,
              I missed you on Sunday, when will you be doing another brief on inputting?

              On Sunday there is Carnaval practice from 10-1, I will be meeting The world
              renown Peter Armour there for Library Input orientation and just plain fun
              and get together - if any other brave souls would like to donate the minds
              to science - please stop by - early and often

              Lets get the show on the road !

              Scott

              --
              Scott@...

              http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/j_NqlB/TM
            • scott
              Message 6 of 22 , May 4, 2004
                Sunday at 10am at Carnaval practice all parents can come down and help
                us complete this task - once and for all !!!

                Scott

                Message 7 of 22 , May 4, 2004
                  Message
                  Next Carnaval practice is Sat 5/15 would that be good?

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jul 8, 2004
                      Is anyone available these weekends (July 10-11; July 17-18, Aug 7-8 and Aug
                      28-29) to work in the library and get this finished?

                      Can everyone check out the new new website bvpta.org and lend comments,
                      suggestions and links they would like to see?

                      Thanks

                      Scott
                      --
                      Scott@...
                    • Canner, Mindi
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jul 8, 2004
                        I can work in the library on July 18th in the morning.

                        -------------------this message is being sent by blackberry wireless e-mail

                        Is anyone available these weekends (July 10-11; July 17-18, Aug 7-8 and Aug
                        28-29) to work in the library and get this finished?

                        Can everyone check out the new new website bvpta.org and lend comments,
                        suggestions and links they would like to see?

                        Thanks

                        Scott
                        --
                        Scott@...

                        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                        click here

                        _____

                        Yahoo! Groups Links

                      • Aldaz, Maria E
                        Message 11 of 22 , Jul 8, 2004
                          From what time to what time?

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jul 8, 2004
                            All day any day some time any time whenever, also during the week in the
                            evenings

                            --
                            Scott@...
                          • Canner, Mindi
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jul 8, 2004
                              Okay, I'll be there July 18th at 10:00 to 2:00 p.m., any takers?
                              All day any day some time any time whenever, also during the week in the
                              evenings

                              On 7/8/04 9:25 AM, "Aldaz, Maria E" <maria.e.aldaz@...> wrote:

                              > From what time to
                              what time?

                              Simons [mailto:scott@...]

                              --
                              Scott@...

                            • Tanja Kor
                              Message 14 of 22 , Jul 8, 2004
                                what do you need done in the library? Jack might be able to help.

                                Message 15 of 22 , Jul 9, 2004
                                  I can be there on this day, at these times, too.  Evenings during the week are also a possibility.  Scott, do you have to be there?  Is there the possibility of just showing up and being able to get some work done?  Or do I have to get a key from someone?  Let me know.
                                                                                 Thanks-Jenny Stanley

                                  --
                                  Scott@...

                                • Naomi
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jul 9, 2004
                                    I think I can make this as well.

                                    --
                                    Scott@...

                                  • Canner, Mindi
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jul 12, 2004
                                      Great!!! See you there.

                                      --
                                      Scott@...

                                    • scott
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jul 12, 2004
                                        sounds like a plan - see everyone on Sunday

                                        On Jul 12, 2004, at 8:45 AM, Canner, Mindi wrote:

                                        > Great!!! See you there.

                                      • Naomi
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jul 17, 2004
                                          Is this still going on?

                                          Naomi

                                          Great!!! See you there.

                                          --
                                          Scott@...

                                        • Scott Simons
                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jul 18, 2004
                                            Re: [bvpta] Library I am going over about 9, see everyone after that

                                            Scott

                                            850-2525 - cell

                                            On 7/17/04 8:48 PM, "Naomi" <sfbaby1@...> wrote:

                                            Is this still going on?

                                            Naomi

                                            Great!!! See you there.

                                            --
                                            Scott@...

                                          • lauragold@comcast.net
                                            Message 21 of 22 , May 9, 2005
                                              Hi All -

                                              While the library has had diminished services over the last three years, it has worked in other ways, as a space. 1) the ELD teachers have used it as classrooms and consistently had their students check-out books, 2) each year around February, we have had teachers sign-up for time which has been a "self-serve" situation, 3) Tutoring has happened in the library and also involved tutor help with checking out books, and 4) I've used it for WW classes. This all being said, it is far from the ideal envisioned. NEvertheless, we need to focus on the optimal set-up for all kids re: classrooms. Decisions aren't finalized, but staff is working hard to solidfy a situation that benefits all students.

                                              yours,

                                              --
                                              Laura Belfiglio Gold

                                              "On the shore of endless worlds, children play." - Winnicott

                                              Title VII Coordinator
                                              Buena Vista Elementary and Co-Director, FLAG Grant Hoover Middle School

                                              work-415-695-5875
                                              fax-415-695-5311
                                              cell-415-531-6430