RE: [bvpta] CARNAVAL update

  • Barak Kassar
    Message 1 of 9 , May 1, 2008

      Tracy added these forms as downloadables on the school website: www.escuelabv.org  the website is not just a static bit of info.. it’s living and breathing and has new things added all the time like events, and forms..

      sign up for the website people!!! The site now has 84 members (it’ll soon surpass this list in population) It’s packed with good info in one place… and it will only get better as more of us add information to it---it’s really easy to get info from it and add info to it

      -barak

      Message 2 of 9 , May 1, 2008

        Here is a link to the form added to the website by tracy Zapata.

        http://www.escuelabv.org/forum/attachment/download?id=2053436%3AUploadedFi58%3A1042

        Judy Diaz <notify@...>, BVPTA
        > <bvpta@yahoogroups.com>
        > Cc: David Zapata <davidgzapata@...>,
        Gina Martinez
        > <ginadawn@...>,
        Hilary Palanza <hilary.palanza@...>, Michelle
        > Martinez <micayela@...>,
        Robert Armstrong <strongarm_art@...>,
        > Vida Sanford <vsanford@...>,
        Naomi Nova <sfbaby@...>, hajdeja ehline
        > <hehline@...>, Jenny
        Stanley <burlstanley@...>, Tim Sheiner
        > <timsheiner@...>,
        Kelly Sheiner <kellysheiner@...>
        > Subject: [bvpta] CARNAVAL update
        >
        > Judy, can you please add this to Noticias for this week? (Thank you!)
        >
        > Carnaval Rehearsal is Sunday May 4th from 10-1 at BV.
        >
        > Please bring your sign-up forms! (I have only 4 kids so far!)
        > This is URGENT as we need a count for T-shirt orders and Costumes.
        > I will have forms with me and extras are outside the office.
        >
        > Kids will start learning the Dance routine! We will provide water and a
        > light snack for them.
        > Parents can come learn about the costumes, float work and pick up Raffle
        > Tickets to sell.
        >
        > Larry has graciously granted us the playground for building the Float.
        > (Thank you Larry!)
        > It will be a very condensed process, (one week) so come and see how and
        when
        > you can help. We will also need a team to dismantle the float MONDAY after
        the
        > parade.
        >
        > Questions, call Tracy or David at 648-6152
        >

        > Tracy Zapata
        > 415-515-2054

      • Naomi Nova
        Message 3 of 9 , May 1, 2008
          Yes, but you have to join in order to access it. I have not and really do
          not plan on joining it. I have so many logins and passwords- I am not
          joining anything else.

          Naomi

        • Barak Kassar
          Message 4 of 9 , May 1, 2008

            Yes. It was designed so that parents must join in order to benefit from the site. The thirty seconds it takes to join creates some degree of privacy for kids, parents and teachers ---otherwise anybody anywhere would be able to access everything about the school---photos, videos, email addresses, phone numbers. The other benefit of requiring signup is that going-forward, as new people become affiliated with the school, the office will automatically get their email addresses, making communicating with that sector of the community that much easier.

             Certainly some parents will choose not to sign up … that’s the balance.

            -barak

            href="http://www.escuelabv.org/forum/attachment/download?id=2053436%3AUploadedFi58">http://www.escuelabv.org/forum/attachment/download?id=2053436%3AUploadedFi58