donations from Cole Hardware

  • Dr. Lapin
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2008
      Hi folks,

      I'm not promoting Cole Hardware, but if you shop there, here's an opportunity to help Buena Vista. When you check out of the store with your purchases, mention BV. Your transaction will be credited to an account for BV. At the end of the year the store will donate a gift card (valid at the store) to BV for 10% of the value in the account. [Note that given mark-ups and all, this 10% represents a minimal reduction in their profit from each transaction.] But it's still valuable for BV -- assuming there's anything useful for the school at the hardware store.

      Also, perhaps more useful: with three weeks' advance notice, the store will donate its house brand bottled water (don't know how many bottles) to be sold or given away (our choice) at our fund-raising events. The store will also donate a gift card for silent auctions or raffles. Doesn't say how many times a year. Teachers and principals can also register to receive a discount on school supplies (don't know how small a discount).

      Maybe other folks already know this, but I haven't seen it mentioned and thought I'd spread the information.

      Thanks.

      Blair

      Dr. Lapin