help a teacher's back

  • Victoria Doll-Polanco
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 14, 2007
      Hi Everyone,

      As we get closer to the beginning of the school year, I'm beginning to worry
      about my lower back and I am writing to make 2 requests for a good chair and
      desk. I have been seeing a physical therapist who suggested I get a real
      office chair with lower back support since I will be sitting more often
      during the day. Is there a parent out there who has access to office chairs
      and can donate one to the school?

      Secondly, I would like a narrow computer desk/podium that I could adjust to
      change the height so I can use it while standing. Since my room off the
      library is more like a closet, I would like a narrower desk that doesn't
      take up that much space. In addition, I'd like to be able stand at my
      podium-like desk while planning my lessons or writing at the computer. The
      doctors at Kaiser have something like that and I've found something similar
      to the medical ones on the web. If anyone has any leads or can build me
      something like that I would be ever so greatful.

      Thanks for all your (back) support and waiting in anticipation,

      vicky

      Victoria Doll-Polanco
      Buena Vista Elementary School
      2641 25th Street
      San Francisco, CA 94110
      Phone 415-695-5875
      Fax 415-695-5311

      Messenger Caf� � open for fun 24/7. Hot games, cool activities served daily.
      Visit now. http://cafemessenger.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM_AugHMtagline