Orchestra concert at Hoover MS

  • Julie Hagelshaw
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2007
      For incoming 6th grade families, I encourage you to attend.  For families of younger students:  if you are comtemplating encouraging your child to participate in the group music lessons in 4th and 5th grades, I encourage you to see the accomplishments the kids make in middle school.  (For many students in the music program at Hoover, their first exposure to music was in these group lessons.)

      In middle school, the is the result of practicing every day as well as studying it at school everyday.  Music class (orchestra, band or choir) is these student's chosen elective.  The majority of the performers are 7th and 8th graders.

      The concert is not too long and over around 9pm.  There will be an intermission with baked goods for sale.

      Hoover Middle School is on Santiago Street at 14th Avenue.  There is plenty of street parking (though plan to walk a couple blocks).  Walk up the driveway.  The auditorium is on the right.  NOTE:  the concert starts promptly at 7:30.  If you are late, you'll have to wait in the lobby until the school staff tell you it's ok to enter.

      Julie Hagelshaw
      (Hoover orchestra parent)

      SPRING ORCHESTRA CONCERT, THURSDAY, MAY 10 @ 7:30 PM
      The concert will feature the Advanced, Concert and Intermediate orchestras, some exciting string groups, and a premiere of an orchestra student’s piano concert!

      Doors to the auditorium open at 6:45. Suggested donation at the door is $3 per person or $10 per family.